Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Bithcin' Helmet Paintjobs!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
seanery
This is the artist's page AirBrushGallery.com
Skull:
user posted imageuser posted image

Variation on the theme:
TimT
thats cool

here is me

TimT
nudder butter peanut butter cookie

TimT
burp
flatout
Those are awesome helmets!I especially like Tim's.I just finished this helmet for a friend of mine that races a dwarf car.I am one of his sponsors.
jgiroux67
I like this one best of all. Oh how I wish it was mine, or better yet I wish I could airbrush that good.

nocones
Wow, nice lids!

This one isn't mine, but it is one of my favorites...

JmuRiz
QUOTE (nocones @ May 19 2005, 10:17 PM)
Wow, nice lids!

HA, I see you venture out to the Cycleforums website, that's someone on that site's helmet.
Joe Bob
Wow, nice lids!

That butt looks familiar.....IT'S SLITS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

user posted image
carr914
Heres mine. Thats Mario Andretti's autograph across the sun.
T.C.
Scott Carlberg
Nice helmet pics.

FlatOut:
nice Avatar,
thought I read that there's a 914 in it, butt I don't see one! biggrin.gif laugh.gif lol2.gif clap.gif clap.gif clap.gif
Lyressa Roberts
Wow, nice lids!

That's just wrong! Ewww...
nocones
Z,

Happy I could contribute an avatar.
bootyshake.gif
flatout
Alot of cool helmets. I like creative paint work, they look great. Scott thanks for the compliment, Girls always like nice words.
carr914
Since I'm digging out old threads today

Dale Jr's helmet

Click to view attachment
carr914
Valentino

Click to view attachment
Scott S
QUOTE(jgiroux67 @ May 19 2005, 09:24 PM) *

I like this one best of all. Oh how I wish it was mine, or better yet I wish I could airbrush that good.

iwant iwant i want iwant iwant iwant iwant.....
carr914
My friend Ryan at Indolcilart.com did this one - Mark Donohue Tribute

Click to view attachment
anderssj
Click to view attachment

Here's one from a guy I know up in MD--it's especially good given his '89 Ford Country Squire autocross car (he's usually within 2-3 sec of TTOD) . . . .

Click to view attachment
carr914
Oriol Servia's

Click to view attachment

I've got one of Oriol's helmet, unfortunately not that one. This is the one I have - Oriol is on the left, that is Katherine Legg on the right

Click to view attachment
carr914
A few helmets in my collection

Jamie Bach's (ALMS) very cool, all chrome with accents. This helmet was featured in the Mazda Zoom-Zoom racecar engineering TV commercial.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
carr914
Ben Devlin's very subtle but very nice. Also in the Mazda commercial

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
carr914
Rafa Matos. Rafa has been Skip Barber National Champ, Star Mazda Champ, Formula Atlantic Champ, 24 Hours of Daytona Winner, GrandAm Daytona Prototype Winner, IndyLites Champion (all in the last 5 years) and next year will be Full-Time in IndyCars driving for Luczo-Dragon.

This helmet was also in the Mazda commercial. The background is flat-black which really makes the colors POP.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
carr914
The "SpiderMan" Helio Castroneves

Click to view attachment
carr914
Raul Boesel's ChampCar helmet when he ran for TrueSports. Painted by "Sid", the same guy that did ALL of Ayrton Senna's helmets

Click to view attachment
carr914
Scott Sharp's Trans-Am helmet. This one of the 1st helmets done by Troy Lee Designs.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

carr914
Johnny Herbert's Helmet when he was Michael Schumacher's teammate at Benetton F-1 in 1994. Johnny won the British and italian Grand Prix's the next year, but he had switched to Aria helmets.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
PeeGreen 914
blink.gif How did you get so many helmets? I want some biggrin.gif
carr914
I've collecting helmets for a few years. I try to collect Real race-worn helmets, which can be tough to come by. I only have a couple replicas but they are autographed. I'm expecting 4 more next week.

Some others, but no fancy paint jobs.

James Weaver - one of the Best Drivers ever - this is very Rare, as James only had a few helmets his entire career and it's a Shoei, which is a motorcycle helmet company and they made very few Auto Racing helmets. James painted this himself.

Click to view attachment

The Actor, Lorenzo Lamas (Renegade) helmet that he used at the 24 Hours of Daytona in a Porsche GTP car

Click to view attachment

Mario Andretti's Arriverdici Last Year helmet - a signed replica

Click to view attachment

Dick Simon's Indy Helmet

Click to view attachment

carr914
One I got last week

Stephan Gregoire's 2000 Indy helmet - the lightest helmet I've ever picked up

Click to view attachment
Solo914
QUOTE(carr914 @ Jan 16 2009, 02:18 PM) *

One I got last week

Stephan Gregoire's 2000 Indy helmet - the lightest helmet I've ever picked up

Click to view attachment

You have an incredible collection there. Very nice taste.

Kyle
PeeGreen 914
Hey T.C.

Any time you want to get one for me I won't turn it down biggrin.gif laugh.gif
ericread
An anazing collection!!!

Do you have a whole wall of these? I'd love to see a pic of the entire collection...

Eric Read
carr914
Jon, There is Michael Schumacher real helmet (British GP) on eBay for $30,000. Want me to pick it for you? biggrin.gif

T.C.
PeeGreen 914
You want to buy me a 30k helmet? Wow, you are a good friend laugh.gif
carr914
Jon, I would, but a Schumacher helmet is not very Rare, therefore you wouldn't really want it. Schumi brought 3 helmets to every race - One for practice, qualifing and the race. He had a different variation for every race while he was Ferrari. Plus there a like a Gillizion replicas out there.

Here is 1 wall of Helmets, with others scattered around the house. I will be re-doing the wall this weekend, because of the additional helmets showing up next week.

T.C.

Click to view attachment
carr914
A Real Steve McQueen with Rain Bubble

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
carr914
I bought this Porsche Design Helmet at a swap-meet for $15. URY asked me what I was going to do with it. I painted it, took it to Sebring, had all the Penske RS Spyder drivers sign it. I then framed a signed print of the Spyder with all the pictures of the drivers signing my helmet

T.C.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
maf914
T.C., Cool collection.

Collecting can be fun. And addicting. I have a room plus full of shit, oops, I mean collectibles. Books, magazines, models, die-casts. What am I gonna do with all of that stuff? Plus the significant other is starting to get on my ass about it! laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif
carr914
Two new additions;

A Jackie Stewart Signed Helmet that he used when he was a Guest at Bob Bondurants School in Arizona.

Click to view attachment
carr914
And a Dan Gurney Bell Star

T.C.

Click to view attachment

PeeGreen 914
I have always like Valentino's helmets
carr914
A New Jewel in my Crown - Signed Senna Helmet with Radio.

T.C.

Click to view attachment
carr914
And the reconstructed Wall of Fame

T.C.

Click to view attachment
carr914
Newest addition - Rick Mears signed Marlboro helmet

T.C.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
FourBlades

What an awesome collection. The Senna helmet, wow... I doubt they were aware
of the collectable nature of race stuff back then the way people are now. Did
Michael really need 3 helmets for each race or did they do that knowing they would
be valuable?

A picture of each driver with their helmet next to the actual helmet would make
a cool display, but you are going to run out of wall...

John
carr914
I have pictures of most of the drivers with their helmets that I now have. Since I'm running out of room, they are in plastic sleeves under the helmet.

I think Schumi or his sponsors realized the market and that is why he brought 3 helmets to every race. The F-1 drivers are the ones with new new schemes at races. The Monaco race especially. A couple of years ago the McLaren drivers had helmets with Diamonds inset spelling out Monaco. Most top-flight drivers will have 2 helmets with them at every race just in case. However, some drivers like James Weaver used the same helmet & driving suit for years. The helmet I got from Rafa Matos, he used for 3 years. Sometimes it is superstition.

T.C.
carr914
A few new additions to the collection

A Paul Tracy

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

For this Weekend's INDY 500, I have helmets for 5 drivers - Paul Tracy (starting 13th), Rafa Matos (12th), Helio Castroneves (Pole), Oriol Servia (22nd) and Scott Sharp (20th)

carr914
A Swede Savage (Dan Gurney's protigee). Swede died 7 days after an accident at INDY due to complications from burns.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
carr914
a Wes Cooley ( AMA Superbike Champion)

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.