Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Mueller- is this how you wanted to oil your turbo?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Aaron Cox
user posted image

just a pic i came across
(obviously a six)
TimT
Aaron thats basically the way you get oil to the turbo.. the factory parts look a wee bit better though

Aaron Cox
i bet they do.
mueller suggested taking oil from the sender zone and oiling his turbo that way (type 4), so this pic made sense.
i suggested the AL oil pump with the feed and return on the oil pump cover plate.

just learning about aircooled turbo motors.

AA

also - whats the best way to get oil back to the case from the turbo?
Mueller
hey aaron....yep, something close to that except I'll have a pressure sending unit instead of the idiot light switch(I'm guessing that is what that sending unit is)

also - whats the best way to get oil back to the case from the turbo?

depends on location of the turbo...if high enough, gravity......if too low, then an oil pump will be needed....imchappy used an electric pump and then switched over to a mechanical unit (easier to do with a /6 engine)

iamchappy
Interesting that when my oil pump seized in my engine the idiot light didn't come on, and I showed a little less than 10lbs of pressure. I am tapped into the sender also, I think the mechanical pump was still pulling enough oil through the turbo and the feed line to keep the sender from sensing pressure loss.

Oh by the way I brought my engine in today to get the repairs started on it.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.