Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Cable Cover for Early Handbrake (70-71 cars)
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Originality and History
gcrotvik
I was admiring Andy's Red (orange? I'm color blind) 914-6 build thread. Beautiful car! On page 28 of the build thread ( http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...4443&st=540 ) there are several shots of the early handbrake and associated cable. I noticed there is NO cover over the top of the cable as there is on later cars (>1972?). See pictures below.

So my question is, was there was no cover over the handbrake cable in early cars?
1970 Neun vierzehn
The only "cover" on my '70/4 for the handbrake assembly was the small piece of carpet behind the seat that has always been placed over it.
mepstein
Correct. None on early cars.
SKL1
I'm original owner of an early '71 (built 9/70) and it doesn't have the metal cover. I too cover it with the little piece of carpet behind the seat.

(BTW, I've lost the little plastic "holster" on the side of the longitudional a LONG time ago!)
gcrotvik
QUOTE(SKL1 @ Sep 10 2017, 08:27 PM) *

I'm original owner of an early '71 (built 9/70) and it doesn't have the metal cover. I too cover it with the little piece of carpet behind the seat.

(BTW, I've lost the little plastic "holster" on the side of the longitudional a LONG time ago!)

I just realized that there is no return spring on the hand brake cable assembly in the above pictures. Is that right? The return spring is only used on the late cars??

Greg
mepstein
QUOTE(gcrotvik @ Nov 26 2017, 02:07 PM) *

QUOTE(SKL1 @ Sep 10 2017, 08:27 PM) *

I just realized that there is no return spring on the hand brake cable assembly in the above pictures. Is that right? The return spring is only used on the late cars??

Greg

That is also correct. It’s a late car piece.
gcrotvik
Thanks Mark.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.