Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB: 914-6 engine TIN
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
KeithVonLaws
Hello Guys
Im looking for engine tins for my 6 swap. Im installing a 1971 911 T 2.2 into my back dated 1975 914. I dont have any pieces yet.
I also need some 1-1/2" headers ..... Thanks Keith
mb911
QUOTE(KeithVonLaws @ Sep 8 2017, 01:02 PM) *

Hello Guys
Im looking for engine tins for my 6 swap. Im installing a 1971 911 T 2.2 into my back dated 1975 914. I dont have any pieces yet.

Currently thr market has consumed anything that is out there. I have been tinkering and can make sets for about 500 but that is because it takes a while to make them. Restoration design is making sets just like oem not sure on pricing. Mepstein has an oem set he would sell as well.
KeithVonLaws
QUOTE(mb911 @ Sep 8 2017, 07:17 PM) *

QUOTE(KeithVonLaws @ Sep 8 2017, 01:02 PM) *

Hello Guys

Currently thr market has consumed anything that is out there. I have been tinkering and can make sets for about 500 but that is because it takes a while to make them. Restoration design is making sets just like oem not sure on pricing. Mepstein has an oem set he would sell as well.

I have all of the 911 tin... I have heard of people modifying them to work... I would be interested in a set. It looks like Auto atlanta sells a repro set for a little over 500.00. Can you send me a photo of the ones you make? Thanks Keith
mph911
I posted a wanted ad on another forum and as mb911 said, mepstein has some, I ordered the Auto Atlanta set, and after 3 emails and 2 weeks they finally told me it's not in stock and will be next week. I'm not sure I trust it will be in.
mb911 would have the market to himself if he could make them up.
raynekat
I would check with Restoration Design.
Not sure the cost for the 5 pieces?
Maybe $750-850.
Kind of where the cost of all these quality parts are going.
mepstein
Pete at restoration design said his set will be under $1k. I would sell my oem set that is in very good but not perfect for $750 + ship.
mb911
QUOTE(mph911 @ Sep 8 2017, 05:01 PM) *

I posted a wanted ad on another forum and as mb911 said, mepstein has some, I ordered the Auto Atlanta set, and after 3 emails and 2 weeks they finally told me it's not in stock and will be next week. I'm not sure I trust it will be in.

If there ia truely a market for the non factory sets I will have some laser cut and could do a group buy to keep prices affordable.
mph911
QUOTE(mb911 @ Sep 8 2017, 07:43 PM) *

QUOTE(mph911 @ Sep 8 2017, 05:01 PM) *

If there ia truely a market for the non factory sets I will have some laser cut and could do a group buy to keep prices affordable.

smile.gif
forrestkhaag
I made mine out of Carbon Fiber and the set cost less than 100 bucks + my labor / fit perfectly and are strong as all getout and flex during installation w/o bending or deforming.

MB911 should highly consider making these sets in tin to fill a gap in supply / his work is second to none.

beerchug.gif
mb911
I could definitely make them work and sell in the 500 range.. The RD sets will be second to none..

I will make a set this week as time allows and get some good pictures. The set I made for myself are the 1st attempt and are nice but powdercoated and you can't see the flaws.
restore2seater
QUOTE(mb911 @ Sep 9 2017, 12:19 PM) *

I could definitely make them work and sell in the 500 range.. The RD sets will be second to none..

I will make a set this week as time allows and get some good pictures. The set I made for myself are the 1st attempt and are nice but powdercoated and you can't see the flaws.

Would that be the GB price?
mb911
QUOTE(restore2seater @ Sep 9 2017, 09:54 AM) *

QUOTE(mb911 @ Sep 9 2017, 12:19 PM) *

Would that be the GB price?

I would really have to figure out how much time it would take me before I know for sure.
mb911
Click to view attachment

This is some of mine that I made
mb911
Click to view attachment
mb911
Click to view attachment
rick 918-S
I made a set out of Aluminum. Then I purchased an OE set off ebay. These pieces are not easy to make. I too had to make in some hammer forms.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.