Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Here's the New License Plate
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
oakdalecurtis
Now you can see why I picked the black and yellow Ca plate. Chrome frame here, black frame a few posts down. Which frame do you prefer?

Click to view attachment
Cairo94507
Looks terrific. I would like to see it with a black frame just to see the difference.
Robnxious
QUOTE(oakdalecurtis @ Sep 8 2017, 02:27 PM) *

Now you can see why I picked the black and yellow Ca plate. Whadya think?

Click to view attachment

Very cool. I SO wish that they had the personalized plates in blue, but since I still have my original blues, I will keep them and not be stylish (and yes, I still debate on getting the black ones).

Looks very nice with your color scheme
oakdalecurtis
QUOTE(Cairo94507 @ Sep 8 2017, 02:37 PM) *

Looks terrific. I would like to see it with a black frame just to see the difference.

Ok, your wish is my command. Which frame do you all like, chrome or black?

Click to view attachment
Rand
Black without a doubt. But I hate bling and it's only an opinion. One isn't faster than the other, so you have to go with what YOU like.
Racer
Black
Robnxious
I agree, the black plate looks nice with that black frame.
Front yard mechanic
What does 76 yougert mean? confused24.gif
oakdalecurtis
QUOTE(Front yard mechanic @ Sep 8 2017, 05:27 PM) *

Front yard, were you staring at the eclipse without protection? What in heaven's name are you seeing? Put on your bifocals and read it again! chair.gif
Rand
QUOTE(oakdalecurtis @ Sep 8 2017, 06:51 PM) *

Front yard, were you staring at the eclipse without protection? What in heaven's name are you seeing? Put on your bifocals and read it again! chair.gif

laugh.gif No shit. I'm not into vanity plates, but yours is pretty clear. We love our go karts.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tujqM2u-BVo
oakdalecurtis
QUOTE(Rand @ Sep 8 2017, 07:06 PM) *

QUOTE(oakdalecurtis @ Sep 8 2017, 06:51 PM) *

laugh.gif No shit. I'm not into vanity plates, but yours is pretty clear. We love our go karts.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tujqM2u-BVo

Thanks Rand, that video made my day!
whitetwinturbo
DVader Black beer3.gif
Krieger
How about no frame? The plate is already black.
oakdalecurtis
QUOTE(Krieger @ Sep 8 2017, 08:47 PM) *

Appreciate all ideas Krieger, but no frame would look too "unfinished" to me. piratenanner.gif
scallyk9
Black frame! It emphasizes the plate letters of a great personalized plate.

Interesting Washington State DOL tidbit. I recently went to a DOL agent to transfer title and registration on a '74 914 I purchased and along with paying 10.3% sales tax (presented as use tax) and fees, I thought I might purchase a personalized collector plate. Standard collector plates are a one time fee with no annual tab renewals required...UNLESS...you get a personalized collector plate which would require an annual renewal fee. Out of principle and a yearning to receive less mail from the D.O.L., I now have a Collector Vehicle plate with the boring meaningless numbers of "83251". California is more fun.
Coondog
Neither frame. Find out where your 914 was first sold and get the dealer vintage frame.
Click to view attachment
Larmo63
I tried a black frame, it just looks better with no frame. IDRGAS what anybody thinks anyway.
RickS
With the silver frame, the frame becomes the focal point of the back of the car. dont think that is your intention unless you have some perverse frame fetish, but who am I to judge?

The black frame blends with the rest of the back so you take in the full booty, so to speak.

(Agree about the unfinished look. Since my bumper is chrome, I went with a chrome frame surround. Finished look but doesn't leap out like a black one would on mine)
914_7T3
QUOTE(Coondog @ Sep 8 2017, 09:47 PM) *

Neither frame. Find out where your 914 was first sold and get the dealer vintage frame.
Click to view attachment

Agreed!

Click to view attachment
oakdalecurtis
QUOTE(914 7T3 @ Sep 8 2017, 10:09 PM) *

QUOTE(Coondog @ Sep 8 2017, 09:47 PM) *

Click to view attachment

Agreed!

Click to view attachment

If I had a dealer plate on my car, I want the dealer to compensate me for the advertising! cheer.gif
Pursang
QUOTE(Krieger @ Sep 8 2017, 07:47 PM) *

I like this option for my car too. Also I don't use a front plate, which is illegal in my state, but I have been lucky enough to have gotten away with it (so far). I also like the idea of a frame from the original seller. I saw a 356 at the local Cars & Coffee that had a Vasek Polak frame. If you have to ask, you're too young. biggrin.gif
Cairo94507
Black looks better IMHO. beerchug.gif
914_teener
Niether.

I.m an originalist.

Native plate and frame.

914_teener
QUOTE(914_teener @ Sep 9 2017, 09:50 AM) *

Niether.

I.m an originalist.

Native plate and frame.

Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.