Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914 GT question
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
mph911
Hi all,
I've just joined this great forum and would like some info on th GT...
As you know the GT first raced and rallied with Fuchs up front and Minilites on the rear, as Porsche didn't make a wheel wider than the 7r Fuchs. I've read all the racing documents and many books however I still can't find the definitive answer of which size they ran on the front with the Minilites. Was it 6in or 7r?
I'm talking about 1970-71, not the later years when they could run wider Fuchs.

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment

Thanks,
Matt
phillstek
welcome.png Matt,

Really good to meet you at PB a couple of weeks ago and the run along Mona Vale Rd was fun too. It's a nice car you have, can't wait to see it with the six in it.

Those front wheels look like sixes to my eye. Looking closely at the rear the flares have definitely been tweaked to fit the Minilites as well.

How is the conversion progressing btw? Post some pix.

Phil
mph911
Thanks Phil, your car looked so good on the road, and that sound!!!.
It made me get off my backside with mine.
The front looks like 6's, but the 7r's look the same from the outside. nobody seems to know. The 911 ST ran 7r on the front when they ran minilites.
The engine I wanted didn't work out, it had a few issues, so I've got oil cooler, shroud, lines, tank and all GT body work on the way and will slowly take my time doing that side of it and maybe build up a motor later. I just want to do it once and properly. In the mean time, I've done the diagonals on my roll bar as per GT where they meet on the firewall plate, and made up a GT style fuel gauge mount on the dash. I have some seats coming too.
mepstein
The answer is: it depends.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.