Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Broke my throttle cable today
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Trekkor
So I'm out cruisin' the back road with a buddy of mine and SNAP! Right out of one of my favorite turns, too. headbang.gif

So I call McMark and ask if he can bring me a cable. He was busy, but said " Remember how Brad used the throttle cable routed through the passenger window when Demick broke his cable?"

I remembered, and laughed. Now could my friend step up?
He's an ex-racer with over 20 races at Laguna and 20 at Sears, so he knows throttle. wink.gif

Only 1 mile from home when this happened. We made back at a reduced clip. Good stuff. driving.gif

Tomorrow I'll have a used one in my hand and should have a new one on Saturday afternoon..

If it didn't happen tonight, I'm sure it would have happened at Marina on the a/x course, leading to another spectacular spin-out. dry.gif

KT
SirAndy
QUOTE (trekkor @ May 19 2005, 08:34 PM)
If it didn't happen tonight, I'm sure it would have happened at Marina on the a/x course, leading to another spectacular spin-out. dry.gif

damm, sooo, does that mean we will *never* see you spin again?

you always looked soooo cute going backwards! wub.gif
biggrin.gif Andy
Trekkor
Don't worry, I'll be putting on a show. wink.gif

If Terry Zaconne is announcing, he'll say: " There's a little something for the folks!" biggrin.gif

I told Brad about the broken cable. I said I was glad it didn't happen at the a/x because I'd have to have him work the throttle for me to keep running.
He said: "I could of done it".
Could he? unsure.gif

KT
McMark
I told Trekkor that this would be a great WCC event. Teams of two in a timed parking lot race. One for steering and brakes, one for throttle. We could make up a specialized car with a passenger side throttle control just for the event. wink.gif Sounds like a lot of fun to me.
Howard
Nucking Futz biggrin.gif

I live about 2 miles from Paramount Ranch, volunteered to go home and get a spare, but nooooooo

You guys had to prove you could do it beerchug.gif
Trekkor
Went down to HPH today and picked up a new Terrycable.

The reason my first one broke was beacause I didn't set the under throttle pedal limit stop. headbang.gif

All these full throttle stints have really be cable stretching sessions until it finally snapped.

It's set perfectly now. Look out.

KT
Aaron Cox
look out- here comes a spin smile.gif

JK Mr T
Joe Bob
Hey.... does yer head spin around????
Trekkor
Joking aside, I'm celebrating smooth throttle response and a 45 minute R&R.

Joke away... wink.gif

KT
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.