Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Need help with charcoal return lines on dellorto carbs what do you do with them?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Matty900
We have pretty much been working non-stop to try and get this car to Okteenerfest.(need to leave Oregon in the morning for Georga) but now we need some help with figuring out what to do with the return lines that go to the charcoal filter system on a car that has dual carb dellorto 45s. Can anybody tell us what to do with these?
ndfrigi
I believed you don't need that charcoal canister since fuel will still smell coming from the carbs. Or maybe u can hook it to one of your carb filter.

Just wondering about the dizzy. Is the cam gear or tdc rotated 180 degree compare to usual position? Usually #1 spark plug is located closer to fan shroud or on your pic, it is at the #4 spot. And rotation of spark plug wires from # 1 to #4 is counter clockwise.
Spoke
I have dual carbs and have the charcoal canister connected to remove vapors from the fuel tank. I haven't done anything with the return hose to the engine. You could terminate it near one of the air filters so the return air is sucked into the engine.
914 RZ-1
I can't tell from your picture, but if you have 2 lines in the engine compartment, attach the one that comes from the charcoal filter (side with 2 connections) to the fan shroud and the other end from the charcoal tank (the side of the charcoal filter with just one hose connection) to the air cleaner.
porschetub
You could hook up to the air cleaners or breather box...it will still stink of fuel that's reality with carbs sad.gif .
Car looks great good luck beer.gif .
McMark
Most people just leave them unhooked. If the fuel smell from the tank is noticeable, you can extend the small breather line down under the car (like they did on the 914-6).

If you want to make it work, one plastic line in the engine bay goes to the cooling tin or impeller housing (depending on what year your parts are from) and the other plastic line goes to the air filter. To add it to the air filter, you have to drill a hole and get a pipe adapter. Lots of air filters come with them, but you could probably find something on McMaster as well.

IronHillRestorations
I like to hook up the evaporation control, if it's all there. The fitting on the blower housing goes to the system, and the other hose I connect to the air filter.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.