Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Window Rubber
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
dilde
Anyone know how to intsall squeegie rubber for the doors? Do I need to lubricate it? Push it in from above? Slide it in?

And yes, I'm installing rubber on a 914 for all you dirty minds.

Slide it in... hee hee.

Scott
SirAndy
QUOTE (dilde @ May 19 2005, 08:37 PM)
Slide it in...  hee hee.

yupp, the outer rubber lip is just slid into the channel. lube will help greatly!

the felt thing is held with 3 little hex screws that you can access through the little holes from the inside (obviously window has to be down for that)

the outer rubber can be a bitch, what usually works pretty good is once you got it in a couple of inches (the start is easy!) then instead of pushing it from the end, try to put pressure on the seal at the front (about 1" behing the front) and slide it forward, dragging the rear in ...

worked for me! but i have all the patience of the world, if you don't, you might want to remove all things throwable from within your reach ...
beerchug.gif Andy
SLITS
soapy water, lots of soapy water.....and remember to remove the window guide so you can get a straight shot at the channel.

Still not really easy.
IronHillRestorations
QUOTE (SLITS @ May 19 2005, 09:45 PM)
remove the window guide so you can get a straight shot at the channel

agree.gif

The black plastic piece at the top of the rear guide must be removed, and take good care of it as they are NLA. Make sure the channel for the squeegee is clean and not crimped anywhere.

I've never had much trouble replacing these though.
jgiroux67
I dont have those rear guide pieces. They were broke when I go the car. Is the best way to get them from a parts car or someone parting out or is there remakes somewhere? Somebody has to be able to remake this piece.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.