Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Oil Question- Royal Purple
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
chunger
hello,

I'm looking for 20/50 Royal Purple. . . anyone know if there's somewhere on the East Bay that stocks the stuff?

-'Chung
Trekkor
Try Griggs Racing out at Sears Point.

KT
bernbomb914
I bouht mine at the NAPA store here in Temecula

Bernie
cnavarro
If you order enough at one time, it might be worth your while to get it from an online retailer such as jegs.com. Worse case scenario- I have the midwest regional distributor in town (he has a big purple warehouse full of the purple stuff) and I can start shipping the stuff for club members.
chunger
Hello,

Cool. I hadn't considered Jegs, but will definitely look into it. I'm not sure how many other club members use the stuff, but if it comes down to it, I can stash a bunch here at my place. . . if in fact the stuff is not easily obtainable here. Seems the Mobile 1 is too thin at 15/50.

-'Chung
Jake Raby
Pep Boys sells it..

I buy it by the pallet- I love the stuff!
anthony
At $8/quart that stuff better be really good! Is this for the car you bought from Rob?

chunger
Haa haa. . .just checked at Jegs, and it came out to 7.50 qt prior to shipping. . . more than Redline. . . must have gold adatives to increase value.

Yeah, Rob's car. Still suffering from low oil pressure so I'm trying different stuff. . . but looks like it's going to get a good dose of "hand-it-to-Brad" sometime.

-'Chung
bernbomb914
I paid $5.99 a qt this after noon at NAPA

Bernie
Allan
QUOTE (bernbomb914 @ May 20 2005, 07:41 PM)
I paid $5.99 a qt this after noon at NAPA

Bernie

confused24.gif Why??? Is it really that good? I will run 20-50 Castrol dino for 2000-3000 miles and change it. Is the $6.00 - $7.00 a quart stuff better if you change it often???

Let me know, I have a brand new motor and I want the best for it.........
bernbomb914
back in the olden times when the super vee ran 1600 air cooled enginesWilbur Bunce would build them to rev to 8500 rpm but you had to split the case after 3 hours of racing with valvoline which we got for free. when we went to a syn oil we could run for 9 hours before we split the case. made it worth while.

Bernie
bernbomb914
super vee
Jake Raby
The oil in my 912 E right now has 12K on it- last oil change before that was 18K with a couple of filter swaps..

Royal purple is worth 10 bucks+ a qt- in my testing it perfeormed better than ALL of the 10$ oils out there...

It also stomped the shit out of Mobil 1 in the TIV engine, almost 20 degrees difference in oil temps on the same run, same day, same load same test duration...

I plan on more of this now that the loger is set up- I can change the oils and walk away from the engine...

Looks like its time to send out begging letters to the oil Mfrs again- it gets expensive fast!

The next round of tests I want to log pressure differentials at differnt parts of the engine's oil system with different oils at different temps...
Eric_Shea
You mean Royal "Aubergine" don't you? dry.gif
chunger
Do you think the temp difference between RP and Mobile1 in the type IV is due primarily to the weight difference alone? Or to the lubricating effects?

-'Chung
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.