Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Type 4 engines rule.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
914ghost
Well...long story short, my 914 runs so g-damned good, when it was time to make the 912 run again there was only one choice.
For those wondering, the DTM is a pretty slick little unit.
Not sure the 914 DTM will be worth it for the cost, IF you have the money definitely, but I personally like the stock cooling setup in the 914 and it works well when setup right.
BUT! Have you another VW / Porsche type car that is begging to run again, or needs more power and reliability- the DTM is awesome.
Kick ass.
I'll post a review of what the car is like when done, it's a stock 2.0 with Webcam 86b, Dellortos, etc..what's that...110'ish HP? AND 914 Gears in the trans, Thank You Geoff!!
I love it.
Bob O

user posted image
redshift
OH DEAR!

Nice!

M
Jake Raby
Where did ya get that from anyway???? Sure is slick! clap.gif
914ghost
Just to clarify- the 914 DTM WILL be awesome, but the whole swap isn't a little afternoon project.
Just saying I wouldn't jump in bacuse it 'looks cool"- even though it does.
It takes some thought and carefulness ...and work and patience...none of which I am good at.
The point: IF you're considering a T4 engine in anything, and need a cooling system, dont screw around...the DTM rocks.
You wont regret it.
Bleyseng
Looks good Bob!!! Can't wait to hear it run. biggrin.gif
914werke
Bob now you have that bad boy cooling so efficently you can make that mad run over the pass and joing in on our next group hug! driving-girl.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.