Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Rev limiting rotors
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Sea Dragon 914
I'm looking for a Bosche rev limiting rotor for my 914 2.0. I recall there was one that was either 6300 or 6500 rpm. Does anyone know where to find them and what the part number is?
Mark Henry
QUOTE(Sea Dragon 914 @ Sep 10 2017, 02:13 PM) *

I'm looking for a Bosche rev limiting rotor for my 914 2.0. I recall there was one that was either 6300 or 6500 rpm. Does anyone know where to find them and what the part number is?

I imagine Pelicanparts have them.
Even in race trim the type 4 runs out of torque at 5800rpm. 63-6500rpm will require dual springs, HD valvetrain, balanced engine, etc.

Do not use these rotors as a shift indicator, loading and unloading the engine with a rev-limiter will destroy your bearings, etc in short order if you use it this way.
A rev-limiter is the lesser of two evils, a last ditch protection device.
mgphoto
911 rotor cuts out at 6300, fits the shaft.
Mike
914Sixer
914 rotors are set at 5800 rpm, same as the redline on the tachometer. Autohausaz.com $30.77
injunmort
partsgeek
DM_2000
Something to remember as it sometimes get lost. A rev limiter won't help a mechanical over rev ( 3 / 2 rather than a 3 / 4 ) or if a shift is missed completely and inertia carries the motor past the rev limiter.
Sea Dragon 914
Thanks. I thought the old 911 rotors worked but I wasn't sure. I have an engine that is balanced with mild cam and heavy springs. Just need it as as safety measure.

My throttle cable stuck and the RPMs shot to 7k. I replaced the cable and everything seems ok. I don't think there is any damage as it feels like I still have 4 cylinders firimg.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.