Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: tires and wheels
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
motley_crew_2004
I am converting my 914 front suspension over to 911 suspension, and simply drilling out my back rotors, but does anyone know what size of tires and wheels will still work under stock fenders and what type of offset the rims will have?
Thanks for the help.
Trekkor
205/50/15 with 4.75" backspace.

I run 4" backspace, with *agressive* fender rolling.

KT
Mueller
QUOTE (trekkor @ May 19 2005, 09:46 PM)
205/50/15 with 4.75" backspace.

I run 4" backspace, with *agressive* fender rolling.

KT

Trek, it helps if you mention how wide your rims are smile.gif

motley_crew_2004,

the 914 is an oddball, you can fit wider rims/tires up front than the rear....generally on a stock fendered car, 23mm offset 7" wide rims can be run on the rear with 205's if you roll the fender lips a little....some people claim no mods had been done to their car to get them to fit...each car is a little different

a near perfect fit for the rear is a 7" rim with a 35mm offset and a 205 tire....if you go aftermarket, Revolution can supply these (see vendor section) or you can get a set of 7" rims from an 1987 and new Porsche which will have a deeper offset, a spacer might be needed to move the rim out a little so that it does not rub against the inside trunk wall in the rear....if you look at yesterdays thread about the Boxster rims, you can see some pictures and get some more info on offsets...

Welcome to the club !!!!

Trekkor
mention how wide your rims are

Good point, 5.5" Westerns

KT
DanT
Two ideas and I will give you as much info as I can remember.
#1 My good buddy used to run 7 inch phone dials from a 944 with big spacers and longer wheel studs on a stock bodied 914-6 front and rear with 205s
#2 I ran 7 inch Fuchs early 911 rear offset on the rear of my 914-6 with 225s and stock body work.
Also ran my 914-6 with 6 inch Fuchs 911 offset front and rear with 205s under stock body work.
Lots of combinations out there. cool.gif
Remember that there is such a large variation in body fitment on 914s that what will work on one car won't on another. I had a 70 1.7 years ago with 5.5 fuchs that fit great with 205s, took them off and put them on my 74 2.0 and had to use spacers in the rear...so you never know. ( rubbed on the inside of body work not on fender lips)
ottox914
What will work for you may not for me, and vice versa. 205 50 hoosiers on 5.5 fuchs rub in the inside, 205 50 azenis on 5.5 mahles do not. car was on the allignment rack today- with the hoosiers on it- you could SEE about 1/8" difference in the distance from the inside sidewall of the tire to the inside fender/trunk area from one side to the other. And yes, the chassis is spot on square and all 4 wheels allign easily. go figure.
AZ914
Motley,

I just have a street car... I'm rollin' stock 911 Fuchs rims, 16x6's all around with Yokohama AV/ES 100's - 205/55 ZR16s and they fit fine without rolling. You could probably fit 215's.. Also, the rolling diameter is almost right on with the stock 914 165/75-15 size so my speedo/odo are real close.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.