Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Series 9 is Intact.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Series9

My shop and all customer assets are safe and intact.
siverson
Great, glad to hear it!
ndfrigi
Thank you Lord!
Cairo94507
Terrific. Thanks for letting us all know. Let's hope everyone comes out of this the same. beerchug.gif
sb914
Great news! Hope everyone else in the area is safe as well.
Dave_Darling
Glad to hear that, Joe!!

--DD
whitetwinturbo
cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif
rhodyguy
Excellent!
76-914
Good news. I just posted an SOS for you, along with Joe Sharp, in the Sandbox. Any damage at the airport? beerchug.gif
ConeDodger
Joe Sharp checked in on Facebook and he's ok. I'll text T.C. And see how he's holding up in a minute here...
ConeDodger
No answer from T.C. So far but he's in Tampa and they could have lost power and cell towers both.
ConeDodger
Heard from T.C.
Niklas
Glad you are ok!!
Mueller
Good news to hear!
billh1963
Great news!
StratPlayer
Congrats Joe, glad no harm was done... drunk.gif
Series9
I'm also relieved to say that my home/property survived. It took a while to get someone out there to verify the condition.
Larmo63
Thank God. So many got really thrashed and lost a lot.

Glad to hear!!!!! beerchug.gif
Series9
We just got a short video from our property. Let's just say that the sky is much more visible.

Well, it'll start growing back in the Spring.
Mblizzard
Joe,

Your fame and expertise is beyond measure. You sending a few shirts to Okteenerfest started a bit of a trend that continus to this day. Your success means a lot to quite a number of people. So glad to hear things are good.
SKL1
My sister used to live in Daytona- glad you all survived there. My BIL lives in Fort Myers and he stayed through it all. The eye went RIGHT over his house- he said it was surreal. Lost some trees and a few roof tiles, otherwise ok.

Don't know yet how some good friends 1 1/2 mile from the beach in Bonita Springs did!
SirAndy
QUOTE(Series9 @ Sep 11 2017, 07:14 AM) *

My shop and all customer assets are safe and intact.

thumb3d.gif
euro911
I sent Sharp a text yesterday when I saw the storm covering the entire state on the news yikes.gif

Glad to hear y'all are OK and didn't sustain much damage cheer.gif
Series9
QUOTE(Mblizzard @ Sep 11 2017, 09:55 PM) *

Joe,

Your fame and expertise is beyond measure. You sending a few shirts to Okteenerfest started a bit of a trend that continus to this day. Your success means a lot to quite a number of people. So glad to hear things are good.

Those are some extremely nice comments. Thank you.

Looks like I need to head up to Okteenerfest this year....
Series9
Thanks!

rhodyguy
HA! Hang tough.
Series9
It looks like the worst has passed...... in Louisville.  smile.gif
rick 918-S
Did you fly there?
mepstein
Any word on George / painted man?
poorsche914
QUOTE(Series9 @ Sep 12 2017, 09:18 AM) *
...Looks like I need to head up to Okteenerfest this year....
agree.gif
mepstein
QUOTE(mepstein @ Sep 12 2017, 08:19 PM) *

Any word on George / painted man?

George said all is good. beerchug.gif
Mark Henry
Anyone heard from Shane, Jetsetsurfshop?
He's on Marco Island. huh.gif
Series9
We just arrived in Locust Grove, GA (a bit south of Atlanta) to stay for the night.

It's unreal to see actual hurricane damage in North GA. It's not bad, but it's very visible to a Floridian.

I've been told to expect an emotional experience as I progress southward toward my home.

The interstate is so congested, that we have decided to go all back-roads to Central FL from here. It's going to take a bit of fuel management on the way to make sure we don't run low as we get closer, so I'll be making lots of stops after we cross the FL line when I see fuel available.

I'm expecting tears from my wife as we approach, even though we know our house is still standing.

We'll take pictures.

Standby.
Series9
My dad has lived in Central FL since 1960 and he claims this is the strongest storm to hit that area in his 57 years there.

His words today: "That storm beat the shit out of Orlando".

Orlando is quite a bit larger than most people realize and it represents a large portion of the FL tax base from tourism.
Series9
We are safely home. We had to set up the generator for one night, but the power is back on now.

Everything is fine, we just have a LOT of raking to do.
jd74914
QUOTE(Series9 @ Sep 13 2017, 09:33 PM) *

My dad has lived in Central FL since 1960 and he claims this is the strongest storm to hit that area in his 57 years there.

Wow. That's incredible.

Yeah, I've been wondering about the tourism tax base. In places like Orlando that's pretty much the total source of income, right?

Good to hear that your house is ok! Hopefully everyone else in the board is so lucky. smile.gif
Jetsetsurfshop
QUOTE(Mark Henry @ Sep 13 2017, 06:43 AM) *

My family and I made it. The surge didn't really happen on my end of the island.
Some water intrusion to my store and my home, but all in all, we did good.
beerchug.gif
ChrisFoley
QUOTE(Jetsetsurfshop @ Sep 15 2017, 12:32 PM) *

QUOTE(Mark Henry @ Sep 13 2017, 06:43 AM) *

My family and I made it. The surge didn't really happen on my end of the island.
Some water intrusion to my store and my home, but all in all, we did good.
beerchug.gif

So glad to hear the good news. smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.