Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Pretty Amazing driving....
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Aaron Cox
http://www.big-boys.com/articles/racedrift.html
jgiroux67
That is very impressive but WRC drivers do that at higher speeds and on loose surfaces. Also they do that on mountain passes so that video seems pretty tame.
nebreitling
impressive, but still gay.
brer
somebody tell me how to capture from a DVD and i'll share something amazing.

b.
brer
or if someone has an ftp site I would upload the DVD file and you could compress it. 100mb.
Its some cool sheeet.
JmuRiz
The guy in the Silva (red car) looks good...gets right up close to the lead car. Takes some skill for sure, but I'd rather take the fast way 'round.
jonwatts
I would love to see video of a drift racer going up against a road racer. Maybe by the time the drifter is 3 laps down people will get the idea it's not racing.

There is a place for drifting, it's along side all the other sports that award "style" points.

jhadler
QUOTE (jonwatts @ May 20 2005, 07:22 AM)
I would love to see video of a drift racer going up against a road racer. Maybe by the time the drifter is 3 laps down people will get the idea it's not racing.

There is a place for drifting, it's along side all the other sports that award "style" points.

Drifting is to Road Racing as Figure Skating is to Speed Skating...

Both take skill and talent to do well, but they are NOT the same thing...

Yeah, a Road Racer (or Autoxer) can easilly turn lower lap times than a drifter, by minutes! But they won't score any style points, and -that's- what the drifters are doing.

I can't say I really get into the whole Drift thing, but Drifting is the next wave in motorsports, like it or not. Advertise a club race at a local track, and maybe a handfull of folks will come out to watch. Advertise a Drift event, and you'll have to put up extra bleachers. They'll arrive by the thousands...

Josh2
Dr. Roger
QUOTE (brer @ May 20 2005, 12:22 AM)
or if someone has an ftp site I would upload the DVD file and you could compress it. 100mb.
Its some cool sheeet.

OK, here is my anonymous FTP location....

ftp://www.grubbenterprises.com/incoming/

Afger I get it I will post it to a URL and people can access it.
I've done it for a few people and received very positive response. biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
Allan
QUOTE (jonwatts @ May 20 2005, 08:22 AM)

agree.gif
jonwatts
QUOTE (jhadler @ May 20 2005, 05:16 PM)
Yeah, a Road Racer (or Autoxer) can easilly turn lower lap times than a drifter, by minutes! But they won't score any style points, and -that's- what the drifters are doing.

I understand the concept, my arguement (which has been made by others in the past) is that any sport that requires "style" points isn't a sport at all. Figure skating is an art form but because humans have a need to quantify and categorize everything it ended up an olympic sport.

Although if drifting is like figure skating then let's put all the figure skaters on the ice at the same time to run their routines. That there is figure skating NASCAR style!

redshift
Figure driving...

Uhh...

M
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.