Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Tips for installing front targa seal?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
SKL1
Planning on installing the front targa seal from 914 rubber. It's the one with the sides that go in the slots on the A pillar.

I remember installing the vertical seals on the B pillars was a pain getting them to slide all the way in the slots...

Any tricks?- I hate to soak them in lubricant like WD40 as that will get everywhere and make one h*ll of a mess.

TIA
Robnxious
I just got done doing this battle with the seals on the sides of the targa top (the front seal is next) and yes, the back ones were a pain, but not as bad as the sides. What I ended up doing is opening up the channel that the rubber seal slides in a bit. Makes sense that after 40+ years, things aren't the same.

I was reading about everyone saying the seals aren't that tough, and you MAY need pliers at the end, and here I am pulling with everything I have with pliers, and it's STILL only half way. Widened that channel a bit, and why yes, they go on just as easy as they say. I also have some instructions that were forwarded to me, that I will forward to you as well.

Good luck, and let me know anything odd you run into that I should be aware of.
arne
I used gummi-pfledge (German rubber lube) on mine. It helped.
SKL1
Thx for the PM rob- will tackle this weekend... still hot in AZ- wish my garage had AC!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.