Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: KEP Clutch and/or Pressure Pate
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
mmichalik
Hi Everyone,

I have a question about clutch replacement. I'm just about ready to purchase a clutch kit (Pressure plate, clutch disk, release bearing, etc) and someone had mentioned that Kennedy Engineering Products made some good stuff.

But before I do a bunch of research on them, I thought I would ask if anyone has used them before in your 914? If so, what opinions do you have about them. Are they worth looking into or should I stay with the tried and true Sachs equipment.

Thanks,

Mike
Chris914n6
KEP makes good stuff.

But the first question is what engine do you have? Sachs works fine on a stockish motor and is probably less moola.
mmichalik
The car is a 2.0 but, I lost the motor.... long story unfortunately. So, I had a 1910 (Big Bore 1800) built with a cam and dual 40's.

I'm not going to be autocrossing or anything like that, Just a driver for the mountains and a couple of days a week sort of thing.
porschetub
QUOTE(mmichalik @ Sep 12 2017, 01:45 PM) *

The car is a 2.0 but, I lost the motor.... long story unfortunately. So, I had a 1910 (Big Bore 1800) built with a cam and dual 40's.

I'm not going to be autocrossing or anything like that, Just a driver for the mountains and a couple of days a week sort of thing.

No stick with stock Saches,plenty strong enough,using that with my "6" conversion and it works fine...shop around as prices go all over the place,if your pressure plate is ok you can second life it,you then need to replace the disk only and the thrust bearing as required.
Make sure your flywheel surface is good or get it machined, replace all wear parts on clutch release are @ the same time...this is important.
You will be good.
Larmo63
agree.gif

eBay has some pretty cheap complete packages, that's what I bought for my /4.
mmichalik
Thanks for the replies, gentlemen.

I will stick with Saches.

Mike
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.