Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FS: 2.7 Engine from '76 911
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
Mike Fitton
Just pulled this engine (2.7) from my 914-6 I was running webers on it. Car ran great but just rebuilt the original 2.0 engine from my 914-6 and reinstalled it. Compression numbers before I pulled it were 90-105 and it did have some leaks so I would do rebuild before installing. That being said I drove my car on several long trips and never had any problems. Engine is at my mechanics shop on a pallet. Air box bases and venturi's are not included with sale. Buyer to make arrangement for shipping. Price is $4,800. now $4,200.

Click to view attachmentClick to view attachmentClick to view attachment[attachmentid=619
838]Click to view attachmentClick to view attachment
914_teener
blink.gif drooley.gif idea.gif
Coondog
Great price...... smile.gif
forrestkhaag
that is a good deal!

icon_bump.gif
Mike Fitton
Engine number is: 6360990. You can throw some webers on this engine at start driving tomorrow. Only had a small oil leak the size of a quarter after driving. Attached the receipt for the work that was done at the end of 2014.

Click to view attachment Click to view attachment
914forme
That is a great deal
Mike Fitton
Bump, ready to go. Offers?
Mike Fitton
Bump, offers ok. On Pallet ready to ship.
Mike Fitton
One last bump before I start to part this out. New price is $4,200.
Mueller
Seems like great deal, why no takers?
mph911
Id be interested, but shipping would kill me to Australia
Mike Fitton
If someone wants to check on shipping cost, this on a std. pallet 48" x 40" figure 30" high and weight is 350lbs. Here is a sight to check pricing: https://freightorgator.com/
davehg
Great price - I just paid $3000 for a 2.7 that is now completely disassembled but had Nikisil, case savers, new studs, and a rebuilt top end- but I added a new crank, new Solex cams, new Euro/RS pistons and a newly rebuilt Weber - so the total was $7k plus the cost to rebuild.

A full rebuild on this engine by a pro shop would probably run $4k (more if additional work needs to be done - up to $8k total), plus the cost of new carbs.

What cams are on this motor? If these are original CIS cams, they may need to be reground to accommodate Webers.
Mike Fitton
QUOTE(davehg @ Nov 17 2017, 02:00 PM) *

Great price - I just paid $3000 for a 2.7 that is now completely disassembled but had Nikisil, case savers, new studs, and a rebuilt top end- but I added a new crank, new Solex cams, new Euro/RS pistons and a newly rebuilt Weber - so the total was $7k plus the cost to rebuild.

A full rebuild on this engine by a pro shop would probably run $4k (more if additional work needs to be done - up to $8k total), plus the cost of new carbs.

What cams are on this motor? If these are original CIS cams, they may need to be reground to accommodate Webers.

Was running with webers when in my car so what ever needed to be done to accommodate Webers was already done, I don't have much history on the engine previous owner also bought it with the 2.7 installed.
Mike Fitton
Add up the cost of the parts, this is a great deal!
JmuRiz
Totally agree, that's low core pricing for a good long-block with fan!

Slap on some webers or a CIS and you're good to go...if mine wasn't at the 4 corners of the USA being rebuilt I'd be all over it! I'd probably make out $10k in the black if I bought this one to begin with.

Almost tempted to buy it for my '74 911 that has a 3.0 in it now...sometimes buyers want the stock size engine.
914forme
headbang.gif Some one please buy this I don't need a 3rd engine. This would get me on the road next spring.

headbang.gif
Mike Fitton
Bump, still available.
Mike Fitton
Engine has been sold, going to a member here. Thanks!
Dr Evil
QUOTE(Mike Fitton @ Dec 18 2017, 10:21 AM) *

Engine has been sold, going to a member here. Thanks!

Oh thank goodness. I didn't need it, but a good deal. Also, per your receipt, I need to charge more smile.gif I just did this and more for a friend and am only charging parts. Its a labor of love.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.