Ok this will be lengthy post but will keep to the facts.

I rebuilt my engine into a 2056 config. Other than this package I changed the distributor from the empi with MSD 6A ignition and MSD tach #8910 module that had been installed by PO to a pertronix flamethrower cast distributor with an ignitor I module. I also purchased the matching flamethrower black 40K voltage coil. The MSD ignition and tach has been removed completely as Pertronix told me it's not needed.

I've checked and rechecked all grounds and these are all good.

So engine back in the car - the Black/Red wire from the 12 pin connector on the relay board is hooked up to the positive side of the coil. the black/purple wire from the 12 pin connector is hooked up the negative side of the coil(for tach). The FI 4 pin connector I have a bypass wire for the low pressure fuel pump hooked up to a ground source. Fuel pump does turn on in the run position. The red wire from the ignitor to the positive side of coil and black to negative side of coil is hooked up.

I put a test light to the positive side of the coil and I'm seeing power in the run position. When I'm in the start position I loose power to the positive side. When I repeat this process on the negative side of the coil I get nothing at all when in the start position the test light blinks once and goes blank. My understanding is I should have constant ignition from the relay board through the black/Red wire and it collapses to the negative side and the test light should blink repeatedly while the ignition is in the start position.

Now getting back to the MSD.. When I removed it and the tach module I marked everything of where it came from and ensured that I wasn't deleting anything I might need. But and this might be a big but I had noticed that when The MSD was installed a Yellow wire was installed from the 4 pin relay board and spliced in with the black red wire from the 12 pin connector on the relay board. When I put a light on this post now in the run position I get nothing, when i crank it I'm seeing power on my test light. I'm assuming this was done to provide ignition power to the MSD unit when in start position.

My question is because I don't know fully what the previous owner did with the wiring, do I splice in a wire from the 4 pin FI on the relay board with the black/red from the 12 pin going to positive side of the coil or do I re-install the msd as it was and see if it fires.