Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914/6 on eBay
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
SixerJ
No affiliation, looks like the poor thing will be in two halves if moved again

Apologies if this has been linked to elsewhere

http://www.ebay.com/itm/263201681645?ul_re...p;ul_noapp=true

Mike Fitton
Garage roof needs a repair! Lol!
jd74914
I will only reveal the VIN to the new owner so please don't ask.

Someone knows the value is in the VIN number. dry.gif We may never know what poor person is going to get stuck with a VIN swap down the road.
cal44
I've seen worse but not much worse. You put a fork lift under that and it should bend in half. The money required to restore would far exceed the value once done.

If you were to get this for free you would still be underwater.
theer
No cracks in the dash top! lol-2.gif
EdwardBlume
barf.gif barf.gif barf.gif
JOEPROPER
Interior is sweet!!! barf.gif
roblav1
I lived in the northeast for a long time, and that's the worst Porsche I've seen. Those carbs will never ever be usable again. The mag case is probably no good too. You could probably sandblast the wheels and get maybe $500 for five of them! I'd give him about a grand for it - for any conversion parts on another car. Wow.
mb911
Wow and thought my car was bad when I got it..

sixaddict
My friendly shop once described a much better car than this as " this car for FREE would be EXPENSIVE " evilgrin.gif
burton73
I saw this after dinner chowtime.gif and it made me feel barf.gif barf.gif barf.gif barf.gif barf.gif barf.gif barf.gif barf.gif barf.gif barf.gif barf.gif barf.gif
914Sixer
I saw that car on Ebay this afternoon. It is only going to sell for the VIN tags. Jack it up and drive a new one under it.
pete000
Nice patina !
MikeInMunich
Wow! Worst I've EVER seen! This brings "project car" or "needs restoration" to a new level. Holy cow! blink.gif

Im in my iPad now, otherwise I'd do it myself, but someone should post one or a few of those photos here. Eventually they won't be visible on EBay any longer and this is one for the archives.
PancakePorsche
Reluctant to sell. I can hear it now.... "I had plans someday to fix her up"
mskala
The claim that it has been sitting in a garage since '75 doesn't pass the smell (or look)
test. Maybe if the owner drove it into the ocean first and then parked it there.

Remember about a year ago somebody found a car sitting since '86 and it looked okay
except for an inch of dust.

87m491

This is a one owner car that sat in garage since 1975.

Wow, was that garage at the bottom of Massachusetts Bay?

I was told by the Porsche GuRU do not attempt to turn the engine over there is no need.

There you have it, nothing to see here. Perhaps the Porsche GuRu will end up with this pile of Hopeium!

QUOTE(pete000 @ Sep 12 2017, 09:11 PM) *

Nice patina !

Mueller
Without the VIN number up front one could be buying a /4 chassis.

bretth
I believe the VIN for this one was posted in another thread on the world? For $1000 I would take it. The "garage" must have been one of those boat houses with the car suspended over salt water.
Kaeferfreund
QUOTE(bretth @ Sep 13 2017, 05:32 PM) *

I believe the VIN for this one was posted in another thread on the world? For $1000 I would take it. The "garage" must have been one of those boat houses with the car suspended over salt water.

Do you remember it? I just remember his attempts to sell the engine and some other parts particularly. They were offered on ebay some months ago.
Rav914
"I purchased it from him after him being very reluctant to sell it"

Reluctant to sell what? A pile of sh-t?? After 40+ years of never looking at it. Hoarding is a disease my friends. I'd hate to see the rest of the place.

Stupid waste of a good machine.
bretth
QUOTE(Kaeferfreund @ Sep 13 2017, 03:10 PM) *

QUOTE(bretth @ Sep 13 2017, 05:32 PM) *

Do you remember it? I just remember his attempts to sell the engine and some other parts particularly. They were offered on ebay some months ago.

I found the other thread I was thinking of and there was not actually a VIN listed then either. Don't understand why some have to make selling so difficult for themselves.
burton73
Maybe this should be moved to the form?

The 914 community needs to know that this car or VIN is out there. I would think that the plates and stamped front fender is heavily pickled. Some one may buy this thing and put a 4 body under it and try reselling it.

Provenance is become more important as these 6s appreciating to such a high level

Bob B

shades.gif
Chris914n6
Seller information
iamkam (550 )
99.6% Positive feedback

Item location: Rehoboth, Massachusetts, United States
-------------
eBay Motors > Parts & Accessories > Car & Truck Parts > Transmission & Drivetrain > Manual Transmissions & Parts > Manual Transmission Parts
---------------------
Greetings and thank you for looking.

This is a one owner car that sat in garage since 1975.

I will only reveal the VIN to the new owner so please don't ask.

I have the ORIGINAL issued Massachusetts title in hand.

I am 53 years old now and remember when the neighbor purchased the car.

I remember seeing the car when I was a kid then it disappeared. Well last month it reappeared from the garage that was falling down on it. It has been in that garage for almost 42 years according to the owner.

I purchased it from him after him being very reluctant to sell it.

He went on to tell me where, when and how he purchased the car.

After I purchased the car I brought back to the shop. I am not a Porsche guy but knew the motor had value.

I removed the engine since the body was in such bad shape and was ready to sell it.

I actually removed almost everything I could and saved the parts.

After some research I found out that was the wrong the path to take.

The good news is I did not sell any of the parts and the car and all its original parts are still all in the same place minus the engine being installed safely stored in the shop.

A few weeks later I went back to the owners house and he had the title. He also informed me that the car had engine problem within the first 3000 miles.

He also told me the dealership installed a new engine in the car.

Again I am not a Porsche guy but I spoke with Porsche guys and they told me what to look for and the value of the parts and the car.

With that said after us looking over the engine we noted there is no serial number on the engine. So I asked more question from the Porsche GuRU and he said no big deal. It happened. It is a factory new engine that they replaced when they were new that is why it is not stamped with the car VIN.

The motor and trans...

So with all that said. I have the complete car, the engine and trans in our shop on a pallet. The engine will need a complete overhaul without a doubt.

Does not turn over I don't know!

I was told by the Porsche GuRU do not attempt to turn the engine over there is no need. The new owner will know how to handle it.

The Body....

I have the complete body with all the correct VINs that match the title in the correct place. There is holes so big that when get in the car both feet are on the ground. Basically we have a shell with no floors, zero floors.. no front area where the tire was kept. "But crazy I have a NOS tire and rim with the valve stem holder in place" I have every other part of the car.

What do you want to do...

Buyers please look at what we have here. Take careful consideration to what I have posted and what you are buying. I have 100s of pictures if needed.

Shipping...
This vehicle does not roll at the present time but I think we maybe able to get it to roll. We have a forklift on site that is how we removed it from our ramp truck.

Payment is cash when picked up.

Questions please call me 508-558-5129 9am to 9:30pm daily.
carking1996
I'd feel reluctant bidding if he wouldn't reveal the vin. The vin is the value of the car!
Cairo94507
Sadly there are people with little to no integrity all over the place. This clown is probably listing this in the manner he did so some other unscrupulous person who wants to make a Six can pay $10K and harvest the VIN's and graft them onto a clean chassis. If that was not the case, the seller would happily list the VIN for all to see. His refusal to do that is all the evidence one needs to read between the lines and see behind the curtain. Shame on the seller.

I wish someone could locate that VIN and post it to prevent some poor person from being ripped off down the road when the car, in all likelihood, after undergoing a VIN transplant, will be sold for big money to some unsuspecting buyer.

Sad that these type of people exist and take advantage of our community. I hope he is found out and this is all made public.
Rav914
Well said Cairo.
bretth
Holy s#!t there is now one bidder at $9500. Absolute idiocy. Unless of course the bidder is genuinely going to restore it, then more power to them.

Brett
gereed75
Why would anyone just out of the blue bid $9500.00????? When there are no other bids!! Crazy or suspect??

I would think that it would be nearly impossible to build/restore one of these from scratch (and this one is from scratch) and make it 100% authentic. Better chance if it were a 72, but still just too many things NLA and/or impossible to find.

Who would want to even try??
flippa
WTF.gif

It could be saved.

Looking through the dash in the second to last picture I see a jack plug cover that still looks good.

Someone could start with that.

unsure.gif
Kaeferfreund
QUOTE(Cairo94507 @ Sep 14 2017, 12:23 AM) *

Sadly there are people with little to no integrity all over the place. This clown is probably listing this in the manner he did so some other unscrupulous person who wants to make a Six can pay $10K and harvest the VIN's and graft them onto a clean chassis. If that was not the case, the seller would happily list the VIN for all to see. His refusal to do that is all the evidence one needs to read between the lines and see behind the curtain. Shame on the seller.

I wish someone could locate that VIN and post it to prevent some poor person from being ripped off down the road when the car, in all likelihood, after undergoing a VIN transplant, will be sold for big money to some unsuspecting buyer.

Sad that these type of people exist and take advantage of our community. I hope he is found out and this is all made public.

thumb3d.gif I totally agree to that opinion.

Perhaps somebody of our 914world community is located nearby this guy and could pick up that important information visiting the rest of that poor signal orange 6?
mskala
He's got a pic of himself reflected in the window

Click to view attachment
rhodyguy
The condition is clear so the topic is out during negotiations. I bet he's not entertaining lookyloos. Bring cash or don't bother. Perhaps a shill chummed the waters. The # is a weird deal.

Looked at the ad again. that 9.5k is not a bid. That's where the bidding starts. There are 0 bids and the auction ihas now been ended by the seller.
gereed75
Now that makes more sense. I would not hold my breath waiting on $9.5, unless I was sinking with this rusty U-boat!
siverson
It's missing much of the front end/bumper.

-Steve
Chris914n6
Signs say sold to a cash offer.

Click to view attachment
Mikey914
Pretty sure this is the guy that I posted about. Originally wanted 7k, I called to find out more and he wanted 9k. He said it has a clean title.
You get where this is going.
I had no stomach for it.
turbonet
It's got a bid at 9500 with six hours left
flippa
....and another 4 cylinder car is about to become a 6. dry.gif
turbonet
Should start a gofundme page to keep it out of unscrupulous hands
turbonet
So the seller of this car was stiffed by the eBay buyer. ( I have been in contact with him)
No other info other than the buyer was apparently from Poland.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.