Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB : Shoulder bolt
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
drifter914
Looks like the enclosed pic, a little over an inch long. They secure the rear trunk lid hinges to the body. I have one, missing one. Please PM me if you have an extra. I can't get my rear trunk lid to stay aligned with a reg. bolt in one side .
Thanks... TerryClick to view attachment

About 1.5" long, 12mm socket head, 8mm x1.25 thread size... anyone ?
KevinW
I have one you can have. PM me your address.
Kevin
IronHillRestorations
There's a modification I do to those. You drill a small hole through the shoulder (like 1/32) and down the center (3/16 IIRC) for a grease fitting. Then you chuck the bolt in your drill press and machine a groove on the same line as the 1/32 hole.

This allows you to grease the pivots
drifter914
O.K. Kevin ! Thanks for helping out with the shoulder bolt. Now I'll be able to get that rear trunk lid stabilized.
KevinW
QUOTE(drifter914 @ Sep 13 2017, 01:45 PM) *

O.K. Kevin ! Thanks for helping out with the shoulder bolt. Now I'll be able to get that rear trunk lid stabilized.

Terry

This is what I have

Kevin
mepstein
I'm sorry I didn't come through with one. The two on my parts car are so rounded off, the socket wouldn't loosen them. PO must have used a vice grip. headbang.gif
drifter914
[quot bye1.gif e name='mepstein' date='Sep 13 2017, 03:22 PM' post='2527302']
I'm sorry I didn't come through with one. The two on my parts car are so rounded off, the socket wouldn't loosen them. PO must have used a vice grip. headbang.gif
[/quote]

Hi Mark... I figured if you found a good one you would have let me know . Thanks for checking !
Terry bye1.gif
drifter914
QUOTE(KevinW @ Sep 13 2017, 04:50 AM) *

I have one you can have. PM me your address.
Kevin

Thanks for looking, Kevin...
Still searching... dry.gif
Dominic
Drifter,
All of the shoulder bolts I have seen on 914 rear trunk hinges (New and Used) are identical to the short bolt on the right in the picture above. Not sure you are going to find a match for yours.
Cheers,
Dominic
drifter914
QUOTE(Dominic @ Sep 14 2017, 07:28 PM) *

Drifter,
All of the shoulder bolts I have seen on 914 rear trunk hinges (New and Used) are identical to the short bolt on the right in the picture above. Not sure you are going to find a match for yours.
Cheers,
Dominic

Thanks Dom... yes, the fog is slowly lifting... seems a PO had misplaced the original bolts when they did the restoration & I inherited the result... which is a regular 8mm bolt in one side & the bolt in my original post in the other. So, I assumed one was correct & used it for my example. They were both wrong & you are correct.
I have a PM from Joe, who may have what I need.
Thanks... Terry
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.