Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Advice needed -Difficult to get into 1st/reverse
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
DRPHIL914
so figuring that i should put this missing piece on to help cooling of underside heads(this is what ive been told anyway),
i put the piece on and didnt think there would be a problem. car was in neutral when installing it and all went very smoothly all the holes lined up,

Very hard to get it into 1st or reverse now-

i will qualify this by adding that i have converted the exhause to a early Sshe's with triad- its a 2.0 75 car but all the exhaust etc is backdated so to speak- i may take this off when i get to Helen if it can't be rectified more easily-

Thoughts? Anyone else ever run into this?
r_towle
Firewall bushing, shifter console bushing, or bent rod.
DRPHIL914
Rich,

i did replace all bushings 2 years ago i should have mentioned that, so it is possible the bar has a bend, - its been shifting fine, perfectly before this- one would have to compare this shift bar with another one to know i guess- its a bit better than when i left home today, but still very tight
JOEPROPER
I ran into this when I installed the SSI Heat exchangers on my car a few weeks ago. I just removed it because I figured I wouldn't be needed much longer and I had to drive the car home that day. Not sure how critical it is... but it is there for a reason I guess.
r_towle
See if you can get someone to shift it while you watch from underneath.
It may be simple to put some spacers in to lower it enough so it stops rubbing.
rhodyguy
That's the wrong one. It's For a tailshift. With the SS, the one you need the courve goes Above the rod.

K
DRPHIL914
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Sep 13 2017, 07:52 PM) *

That's the wrong one. It's For a tailshift. With the SS, the one you need the courve goes Above the rod.

K

figures, thanks -
76-914
Must be Kevin. It sits very close to the rod.
DRPHIL914
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Sep 13 2017, 07:52 PM) *

K

Guess i will have to search for the correct one and sell this one- i got it from Brad and 914ltd brand new powder coated - who wants it??

btw as luck would have it Peter(vysoc) is close ans has offered
to let me take my car to his shop down the road from Helen tomorrow- probably just take it off-
rhodyguy
Check your pms Phil.
ndfrigi
Click to view attachment
DRPHIL914
QUOTE(ndfrigi @ Sep 13 2017, 09:04 PM) *

ok , so this makes sense- the other way and it wont hit the bar- hm-
bulitt
Easiest way to adjust the shifter- see post 2

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=91028
rhodyguy
When trying to engage 1/r, the rod rotates down and bangs into the TS WAG. That can not be remedied unless that WAG is removed. Phil's problem will be resolved in a couple of days.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.