Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914 Emblem Install ?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
dgraves
I have a 1974 2.0 and there aren't any holes for a metal 914 emblem below the rear trunk. I understand the 1974 models had plastic stick on emblems? Does anyone have measurements from the trunk latch where to drill and install a metal 914 emblem?
Thank you.
Tom_T
Nope, the 74s had molded plastic emblems with pins which AFAIK are still available today from Porsche etc. (some early 74s were metal) - not stick on.

The decals came with the 75-76 only.

You should have 2 sets of 2 holes on your back wall of the rear trunk, 2 for "914" & 2 for "2.0" (or 1.8).

If yours only has the 2 holes where the 914 emblem goes - & no evidence of a pair for 2.0 welded up - then maybe somebody used an early 70-72 back wall (& some early 73s like mine).

Just drill the missing holes.

Hopefully someone else can post pix of the 4 holes' locations, cuz I don't ha access to my pix now.

Good Luck! beerchug.gif
Tom
///////
Coondog
Don't drill the holes, clip off the pins and cut down some 3M tape to fit.
dry.gif maybe I lean this way cause of the money I spent filling the holes, and no I didn't put emblems back on. If I had to do it again, I would have filled in the trunk button hole to.
SKL1
When I restored my '73 I filled in the holes and put a 914 decal (sticker) on. If you want the actual plastic 914 I too would cut off the pins and stick it on. Why drill holes in a perfectly clean body???
dgraves
QUOTE(SKL1 @ Sep 13 2017, 09:35 PM) *

When I restored my '73 I filled in the holes and put a 914 decal (sticker) on. If you want the actual plastic 914 I too would cut off the pins and stick it on. Why drill holes in a perfectly clean body???

What does this 914 decal (sticker) look like?
Frankvw
http://www.p914.com/p914_badges_2.0-vinyl.htm
I would not drill holes as already mentioned before.
AZ914
I think the 76 was the only model to have stickers. My 75 has plastic emblems with pins. When I had a new 3.2 badge made, I just used 2-sided tape, its been on there for 6 years with no problems.
bbrock
From my '73. All measurements in mm. Edited with all height dimensions.
Click to view attachment
dgraves
QUOTE(Frankvw @ Sep 13 2017, 11:25 PM) *

http://www.p914.com/p914_badges_2.0-vinyl.htm
I would not drill holes as already mentioned before.

Thank you. Are these durable?
Dan
dgraves
QUOTE(bbrock @ Sep 14 2017, 08:15 AM) *

From my '73. All measurements in mm.

Click to view attachment

I appreciate that. Thank you. Dan
SKL1
I just had a local graphics shop make the sticker- I gave them dimensions and a picture. My front crest is also a sticker, just like the GT3 RS!! Gotta save weight you know... smile.gif
RickS
Contact Mueller for a gorgeous emblem like mine with or without the -6. It is stuck on with 3M double stick tape and it is Stuck.Click to view attachment
sb914
QUOTE(RickS @ Sep 14 2017, 09:11 PM) *

Contact Mueller for a gorgeous emblem like mine with or without the -6. It is stuck on with 3M double stick tape and it is Stuck.Click to view attachment

agree.gif
cwpeden
QUOTE(bbrock @ Sep 14 2017, 07:15 AM) *

Click to view attachment

They aren't all at the same height. You need a measurement for each hole.
bbrock
QUOTE(cwpeden @ Sep 15 2017, 07:35 AM) *

QUOTE(bbrock @ Sep 14 2017, 07:15 AM) *

Click to view attachment

They aren't all at the same height. You need a measurement for each hole.

Good catch. I guess I wasn't fully awake yet. I edited the original pic with all height dimensions. Thanks for catching that.
cwpeden
My kid thought it would be funny to put mine upside down once. If it wasnt for the 2.0 being on a slant i wouldnt have notice for weeks
dgraves
QUOTE(RickS @ Sep 14 2017, 10:11 PM) *

Thank you. What is Mueller's contact info?
Lazydog925
Does anyone have the measurements or the hole for the European VW/Porsche rear badge?
thank you
horizontally-opposed
I clipped the pins to install a Euro "914-VW-Porsche" badge, and now wish I'd had the template (ideally) to drill the holes in my hole-less rear. The tape works and hold it on, but the emblem would be prettier flush against the paint.

YMMV
RickS
Great looking car.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.