Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 2005 MidWest Classic
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
Hawk
June 13, 2005
New updated Website for registration. Event is August 5-7, 2005 in Whitmore Lake, Southeast Michigan. Concours, Fun Run and banquet, Saturday August 6. Recommend advance reg. now to avoid the additional $20 late or at gate reg. fee with no guarantee of an event bag (chock full of goodies). See judge's scoresheet if youre gonna show it in factory class.

Remember. departures from stock and originality are given credit, not deductions, in the modified, custom and race car classes. Come and get those trophies, boys & girls! All trophies and door prizes given only at the evening banquet.

Dont forget our sponsors who enable us to provide you with a rich event. smilie_pokal.gif
CAMP 914
Stoddard Imports
Raby Aircooled Technology
AutoAtlanta
Brad Mayeur's 914 Limited
JWest Engineering
LN Engineering
Motor City Collectibles
Triad West Performance
Mid America Motorworks
Hagerty Insurance
McKeone Insurance Agency
914world.com
Suburban Porsche
The Embroidery Shoppe
Pelican Parts
LaFreniere Auto Body
Sportcraft Miniatures

To REGISTER, go the the website below:

http://www.Porsche914MidWestClassic.com
Gint
Sorry to say I can't make it this year. Too many other events and activity trying to get my car together for next year's WCC.

But I know you guys will have a blast!

icon_bump.gif
GaroldShaffer
I know I registered for this already but I don't see the link anymore for this event, its not in the future event section either confused24.gif
Hawk
Yes Garold, youve registered and we look forward to seeing you again this year.
I believe the original thread is under Future Events but its tough to find.
I for one dont care for the new format, burying events under several layers essentially takes them out of the main stream and minimizes the enthusiasm that this site could continue to provide for future events. As I tell my folks, not all new ideas are good ones.
Brad, count me as a dissenter. type.gif
TJB/914
Hawk,

I agree, It's tough to find & out of the normal traffic flow. I wish they would go back to the original format.

My 2-cents worth. Old way was better.

Tom
BTW Gint. Been watching your car site. It's beautiful. Hope it see you & car in 2006. Best of show 2006.
rick 918-S
w00t.gif I got in trouble last year for being a wise guy. I posted that the West Coast events get the front and center and the others get the back page. I failed to use smiley's as I was not serious. This caused a real crap storm. So Here's the smiley's laugh.gif biggrin.gif lol2.gif wavey.gif tongue.gif lol3.gif w00t.gif rolling.gif
GaroldShaffer
QUOTE (Hawk @ May 20 2005, 12:38 PM)
Yes Garold, youve registered and we look forward to seeing you again this year.
I believe the original thread is under Future Events but its tough to find.
I for one dont care for the new format, burying events under several layers essentially takes them out of the main stream and minimizes the enthusiasm that this site could continue to provide for future events. As I tell my folks, not all new ideas are good ones.
Brad, count me as a dissenter. type.gif

Yep I found it, just need to skroll down a bit dry.gif

I have to agree, I too do not like the new format for events. IMHO old format was better.
SLITS
All right.....more troublemakers......take the heat off the rest of us laugh.gif

This West Coaster will be with you in spirit......no time for the body to be there..........

driving.gif driving-girl.gif Have fun!!!!
rick 918-S
Maybe we'll just have to keep bumping this up to the top for a couple of months. Won't that be fun... dry.gif

oooops... I need to smile rolleyes.gif
Jake Raby
Never know who might show up wearing shades and a Georgia Bulldog ball cap.....
rick 918-S
QUOTE (Jake Raby @ May 20 2005, 08:07 PM)
Never know who might show up wearing shades and a Georgia Bulldog ball cap.....

If they glow in the dark we'll know who it is... laugh.gif Have you tried to see if you can charge a battery? happy11.gif
Gint
QUOTE (Thomas J Bliznik @ May 20 2005, 02:54 PM)
Tom
BTW Gint.  Been watching your car site.  It's beautiful.  Hope it see you & car in 2006. Best of show 2006.

You mean MWC 2006 right Tom? I might just make that! Thanks, but I've seen those beautiful S.E. MI area teeners first hand. Best of show would be a tough nut to crack. Especially is your own car is there!
Jake Raby
Rick, It may glow in the dark!

I am like a walking capacitor- don't shake my hand!
seanery
reg $ sent
Hawk
Will be great to see you again Sean. Bring your 914club goodie store, captive audience for you here. icon_bump.gif
Hawk
Big rumor. MWC importing out of State judges again this year. Better familiarize yourselves with the judges' scoresheet and enter your car in the most appropriate category. Stock-Modified-Custom-Novice-Racing
http://www.PorscheMidWestClassic.com
rick 918-S
ohmy.gif icon_bump.gif
jfort
I don't see how/where to register. I agree with others that it should be nailed at the top of the forum
GaroldShaffer
QUOTE (jfort @ May 23 2005, 12:57 PM)
I don't see how/where to register. I agree with others that it should be nailed at the top of the forum

Try HERE

Oh, just in case any admins are reading this I vote to go back to the old way of nailing these to the top on the 914club garage. Not that there is a vote or anything going on. biggrin.gif
Hawk
icon_bump.gif
xsboost90
ill be there! but im already preregistered for so many other shows, i better just chill out and pay when i show up. Cant wait to join the ohio caravan!!
Hawk
Boy did we fall back there. Cant admin nail this like you are doing for your other upcoming West Coast events? Simple request Brad. Thanks.
dralf
driving.gif I am glad there is some activity regarding this event, I thought I was going to be the only one to show up for it ! THat would have been bad in one way but then again if I was the only one there I would have WON all the contests and events !

Getting excited, I am getting my front end aligned today and a few adjustments and a few tinkers and I should be all set. Hope to hear from some some of you guys near Dayton so we can work/plan on a caravan up there and back.
Hawk
Believe me, you wont be the only one there! We've been un-nailed form the top of the garage and buried several layers deep so the event is not that apparent anymore.

Check the website for judging criteria so you are prepared in advance, especially for the factory stock classes. mueba.gif

The shirt order goes in next week so if you want additional let us know by registering now and designating sizes.

http://www.Porsche914MidWestClassic.com
Hawk
icon_bump.gif
Gint
QUOTE (Hawk @ May 26 2005, 05:21 AM)
Boy did we fall back there. Cant admin nail this like you are doing for your other upcoming West Coast events? Simple request Brad. Thanks.

Brad hasn't taken an active role in managing this site in some time Dick. Just an FYI.

The event thread will be pinned in the garage area (here) two weeks prior to the event. That's pretty much the criteria we've used for some time now regardless of the event's location.
CptTripps
But don't the major events usually get a little more 'nail time'? One could argue that an event like this is a little more important than a Breakfast?
Gint
QUOTE (CptTripps @ May 27 2005, 06:08 AM)
But don't the major events usually get a little more 'nail time'? One could argue that an event like this is a little more important than a Breakfast?

Then everybody complains that there are too many nailed threads. You can't win.

We are discussing this issue (yet again) amongst the admins.
rick 918-S
I have a suggestion. An event that runs more than a day gets nailed longer than like the breakfasts and like when someone flies out to a populated 914 area and we go to Hooters for the evening.. Just a thought.... biggrin.gif
Gint
QUOTE (rick 918-S @ May 27 2005, 07:11 AM)
I have a suggestion. An event that runs more than a day gets nailed longer than like the breakfasts and like when someone flies out to a populated 914 area and we go to Hooters for the evening.. Just a thought.... biggrin.gif

That's a good suggestion Rick. I like it. Let's see what the rest of the club has to say.
Hawk
We renamed our event to that of Mid West Classic last year at the request of 914world.com

I thought we would get the same consideration as the WCC that had its active logo present on the index page of 914world.com since you wanted to standardize large 914 events across the USA.

We are feeling less than supported by you. So what's up?

Months of planning are wasted if you post us only 2 weeks before the event. You are not being very helpful to a large group of 914 folks who need advance planning to travel great distances.

Please nail us again.
Gint
Point taken Dick. I think I've shown you here that we are working to address your concerns. We are considering the concerns of the entire member base also. Please be patient.

I thought we would get the same consideration as the WCC that had its active logo present on the index page of 914world.com since you wanted to standardize large 914 events across the USA.

Have you made a specific request to any of the admins for this? Jeroen is the web content wiz. PM him or any of the admins with specifics and I'm sure we can arrange it.

We are feeling less than supported by you.  So what's up?

I assume you mean by 914world.com and not me personally. I flew out for the event last year. If that's not support I don't know what is. But as I said before, we (914world.com) are working to address your concerns.

Months of planning are wasted.  You are not being very helpful to a large group of 914 folks who need advance planning to travel great distances.

That seems to be a bit on an exageration. You guys always pull off a great event. There is an event thread in the "Future Events" forum. And this thread is getting plenty of air time. But as I said before, we (914world.com) are working to address your concerns.
Hawk
Mike,
No personal diatribe intended. I'm sure youre doing your best. I'm frustrated. There is additional conversation about this that has transpired in PM but not appropriate for writing here. Actually its disappeared from my inbox.
SirAndy
guys, we are discussing this in length among the admins right now. we moved all upcoming events into a new, separate forum, simply because the front page was becoming much to cluttered, with more and more events being organazied, we had over 10 nailed threads at any given time ...

i agree that bigger events should probably be treated different than breakfasts etc.

we might want to consider promoting the MWC (and other big events) on the home page and in the header, just like we did with the WCC ...

in addition, we should nail them in the main forum, probably more like 6 weeks before the event, so people can still sign up for them ...

i think in the long run, the "future events" forum will work, people will get used to it.
plus, you can always create a thread in the main forum to remind people and link to your main thread. bump this in the main forum to keep it alive ...

these are all things that are being discussed by the admins as we speak.
please hang in there, we'll have a workable solution soon, i promise ...
smile.gif Andy
SirAndy
meanwhile, i pinned this thread while we're working things out internally ...

beerchug.gif Andy
Hawk
Thanks Andy. Youre a mensch. biggrin.gif
xsboost90
alright already, call off the leg breakers! im registered im registered just call em off! Geebus! blink.gif
Hawk
Got it, Dan. See ya that Friday beer3.gif
jfort
my wife cyndi and i will be driving up from findlay ohio on saturday morning. if anyone wants to meet in findlay or toledo email me at jfort@woh.rr.com
BS Chairman
This is a Reminder; if you plan on attending the 914 MWC event Aug.5,6,7 you MUST pre register to avoid a $20.00 late fee on day of event. This way we can include you in dinner and put a goodie bag with your name on it. DON"T WAIT! If you planning on attending make sure to get your form in today. smilie_pokal.gif beerchug.gif chowtime.gif
BarberDave
smilie_pokal.gif
Jeff: I will be leaving Fri. . If any one in Ohio is doing the same let me know,we can meet several places around Toledo. I am very flexable as to time ,just want to get there for the social events fri. night. Dave Kimple slap.gif
CptTripps
I'm coming out on Friday...have the whole day off.

There are a few Clevelanders that are meeting up at my place, then heading west.

I'm going to start another 'Ohio' thread to get everyone organized.
BarberDave
smilie_pokal.gif
CptTrips:
Thats good ,you can be the organizer for the Eastern part of Ohio . I ,ll take the west, WE need some one in the Columbus area, and Cincinnati area.
They can post here so everyone will know who to contact. When you add the Ohio post add my e-mail to it and any other contact 914ers. The Mid West Classic is only 17 days away. Thanks Dave Kimple dk@toast.net slap.gif

dralf
huh.gif
Hi Guys, I am here in Dayton and hope to link up with some of you on Friday as we drive over. I will stay in contact with you as time gets closer. My problem is my MPS on the teener. I have one coming and hope to work on the car this weekend and soon extablish if it is road-worthy for the trip or if we must come in another car sad.gif

Dang, just my luck, worked on it all year and now as time gets closer it starts to run crappy, and there are some strange noises coming from the transmision that I do not even want to think about.....Oh my

aircooledboy
Cleared the last of the scheduling debris yesterday, registered today. boldblue.gif

The wifey was asking about the lake WI/MI ferry idea that we all kicked around last year. Why didn't that work out again? The idea of 3 hrs jammed up going through Chicago/Gary traffic is really bringing me down.
jim912928
bummer...looks like I won't make it this year. I took a new job in Milwaukee and am commuting back/forth from south bend on weekends. All tied up for the next few weeks finishing working with the builder on a house...grrrrrrr!

Have fun.

p.s. but the house has a 3.5 car garage with ceiling height for lifts and i could put a car sidewise in front!
GaroldShaffer
QUOTE (jim912928 @ Jul 19 2005, 04:56 PM)
bummer...looks like I won't make it this year.  I took a new job in Milwaukee and am commuting back/forth from south bend on weekends.  All tied up for the next few weeks finishing working with the builder on a house...grrrrrrr!

Have fun.

p.s. but the house has a 3.5 car garage with ceiling height for lifts and i could put a car sidewise in front!

Well there goes one of my traveling partners wavey.gif

Only a 3.5 car garage, where is your wife going to park her car. wink.gif You could leave anyone of the three you have at my place, I will take good care of it. Honest!! laugh.gif
rick 918-S
QUOTE (aircooledboy @ Jul 19 2005, 11:41 AM)
Cleared the last of the scheduling debris yesterday, registered today. boldblue.gif

The wifey was asking about the lake WI/MI ferry idea that we all kicked around last year. Why didn't that work out again?  The idea of 3 hrs jammed up going through Chicago/Gary traffic is really bringing me down.

If you check into this let me know. I think you need to have a reservation IIRCC. This time of year I was told it fills up fast. I may tow the Alien this year. It's wounded but still running. I haven't registered yet but as usual I'm last minute.
rich brennick
Chris,
Two sets of ferry service now:

Ludington, MI to Manitowoc, Wis
and a new one:
Muskegon, MI to Milwaukee, Wis.

Don't know much about them- google is good.

Pretty sure me and the Mrs. will attend- also late, too.

Any count on the attendees?

Regards,
Rich
Hawk
CURRENT TALLY: July 20
41 cars
62 banquet attendees.

Get movin and register, you type B's. smilie_pokal.gif
15 days to go.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.