Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Repairs possible?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Freezin 914
Hi all, can intake manifolds and air cleaner assemblies be repaired if cracked? I have a manifold tab that broke where it mounts. And have an air cleaner assembly that the linkage mount broke, can these parts be welded? (Parts are cast) I was looking to list these carbs for sale and want to know if it is worth trying to have them repaired or just sell the carbs separately. Any info would help. Thank you. confused24.gif Click to view attachment
Freezin 914
Manifold
nditiz1
You could repair both via welding and redrull the hole for the manifold, but you are better off just getting a used manifold and some new linkage
green914
I think you should replace with new parts.
Freezin 914
Thank you for the quick replies, I think it will be best to just list them without the manifolds and air cleaners, thanks again.
mb911
I specialize in repiaring aluminum and magnesium castings. I would think these appear repairable fairly easy..
Freezin 914
QUOTE(mb911 @ Sep 17 2017, 03:27 PM) *

I specialize in repiaring aluminum and magnesium castings. I would think these appear repairable fairly easy..

You have my number, whenever we meet up, we can figure something out. Thank you.
mb911
Wow didn't even realize whom I was replying to.. Yes definitely will .. I
rhodyguy
Just sell the carbs by themselves or with the velocity stacks if you have any. Broken castings just add to the shipping cost.
DM_2000
The manifold is repairable without much effort. The linkage mount is repairable but would probably be less $ to replace.

Always let the buyer decide if they want the broken parts shipped. It is far easier to repair a cracked part then it is to make you own from a sand casting.
IronHillRestorations
I'd JB weld the piece back on the air cleaner base, after cutting off the cross bar mount, and then use a CSP center pull.

Take the intake to a welder who can do aluminum.
Freezin 914
Thank you for all the replies, I listed the carbs, I will hang on to the manifolds and air cleaner bases for now. Thank you all. beerchug.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.