Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 75-914 wheel issue
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Triaddave
Since I retired 5-years ago, I noticed the steering wheel is too close to my belly. I have the chair all the way back. Should I get a back seat, or move the wheel forward?.
Also, the wife said I need two BLT's.(is that bolts/lugs/trim?).
happy trails...
Mike Bellis
Sit ups should fix this. poke.gif
DRPHIL914
I hate to say this but in all seriousness , loose the weight - your heart will thank you too! I lost 50+# and 10 inches off my waist 5 years ago- ask me now much better I feel , and no problem getting in and out of the 914!
you can and you should. Biggest mistake people make - I see it with military when they retire all the time, they quit exercising and keep eating just as much as before -- adjustments must be made - cut the sugar out of the diet and sodas- - ok off my soapstand but ive been there too-

Dr. Phil
DRPHIL914
oh dave, BTW on another note - I had a ton of people checking out my beautiful Triad muffler at this year's Okteenerfest- ive had for past 5 years and everyone loves the sound! I think you may be getting a few new orders coming in very soon!!!

Phil
DM_2000
If you sat lower in the seat would that help? Stock 914 bottom seat cushions just clip in and a thinner one could be made.

Being tall, I drove mine sans lower seat cushion so I could fit in the car with a helmet.
Steve
Also love my Triad!! You could try a 14" wheel and also the Jwest offset to raise it up a bit. Also makes the gauges easier to read with a smaller wheel.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.