Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: need advise on wheels and meter
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
dax1969
Hi,

Sorry for double post in other thread (faster reply here in the garage) but need to know what brand of wheels the below are. Thought Riviera but the ones I found are with silver insert and not black.

Also, do you know what kind of meter this is ? Oilpressure ?

car = 1973 2.0 euro spec

thks

DaxClick to view attachment

Click to view attachment
Mark Henry
The wheels are ATS, the gauge is likely older aftermarket VDO.

IPB Image
dax1969

Thks Mark Henry. Those wheels are aftermarket and not original ? 1973 it should have babyfuchs rims ?

The VDO meter is an oilpressure meter ? If it works what should it read ? Think you guys have PSI but I can see kg2/km... ???
This meter was never standard in a 914 euro spec ? Any idea out of which car it could come ?

Sorry for asking but checking on a car tomorrow and want to be prepared

krgds
Dax
914Sixer
Oil gauge looks like it is from an Opel GT. New VDO gauges are available for about $40.
barefoot
QUOTE(dax1969 @ Sep 18 2017, 08:35 AM) *

Thks Mark Henry. Those wheels are aftermarket and not original ? 1973 it should have babyfuchs rims ?

The VDO meter is an oilpressure meter ? If it works what should it read ? Think you guys have PSI but I can see kg2/km... ???
This meter was never standard in a 914 euro spec ? Any idea out of which car it could come ?

krgds
Dax

the Kp is kilopascal and = to .01 bar. not sure about the km, doesn't make sense.
1 bar=14.5 psi, so I'm guessing it's just reading in bar units.
Tom_T
QUOTE(dax1969 @ Sep 18 2017, 05:35 AM) *

krgds
Dax

Hi Dax,

Wheels:
1973 could have had either the 4-Lug Fuchs 2L wheels (Baby Fuchs), or Pedrine alloy, or Mahle 4-lug Baby Gas Burner alloys, or the "Star Mag Style" steel wheels. Your 914's Certificate of Authenticity (COA) should say which it was, or you may have to do a bit of research (for example, if it were a 2.0 built for the USA from Aug. 72 to early 73, then it would probably have had the 2L Fuchs, since in the USA it was marketed as a "fully loaded" with both Appearance & Performance/Sport Groups of options as the "914S" - while later in the 73 MY for 2L's & for the 1.7s it could be any of the 4.

Also, the original owner could've ordered any wheels set or had them swapped at the dealer when new.

Of course the dealers could have also put on those ATS wheels or any others, or at any point since at any tire & wheel shop in the 4+ decades since.

OT Gauge:
I think that Mark Heard is right, that the VDO oil temp is from an Opel GT of that era, based on my fuzzy memory from the late 1960's when the Dad of a high school lady friend had a 68 or 69 GT.

EDIT: I think that the numbers are for x100 degrees F. <?? I'll defer to Barefoot above, because I can't read the tiny print on that gauge pic, but oil pressure is the other obvious choice, but the 1-5 ticks didn't make sense to me!?

You can see pix of the correct 914 gauges by years at p914.com ( & .net & .org) - the 73 should have had the wider red band version - whether the one in the center console, or the combo fuel/OT gauge in the dash pod.

You should also go to Jeff Bowlsby's 914 website (find him in members here & he has links in his signature section), & download the 914 inspection form .pdf - which I think is in the tech documents section, & use that when you see the car, & give it to any mechanic who does the PPI for you.

Good Luck! beerchug.gif
Tom
///////
worn
QUOTE(barefoot @ Sep 18 2017, 05:27 AM) *

the Kp is kilopascal and = to .01 bar. not sure about the km, doesn't make sense.

Looks like kiloPascals per square centimeter. That and the OEL below make me think it is indeed an oil pressure gauge.
Mark Henry
QUOTE(worn @ Sep 18 2017, 12:32 PM) *

QUOTE(barefoot @ Sep 18 2017, 05:27 AM) *

Looks like kiloPascals per square centimeter. That and the OEL below make me think it is indeed an oil pressure gauge.

Wrong.......Americans rolleyes.gif .....tisk-tisk slap.gif
You should have embraced the metric system. shades.gif

I can't read it but it's likeley it's kgf/cm^, other clue is it only goes up to 5.
kilopascale = .14 psi
kilogram/cm^ =14.2 psi
dax1969
Thanks to all of you. I will see the car tomorrow and will take a closer look on the gauges. What I could see on the pictures is that the gauges are wrongly mounted. Top is this funny "opel gt" gauge, middle volt and below the clock. What I could find is that clock must be on top. Most pics on google are fm usa spec cars and I am not sure if euro spec are different.

ATS wheels, not my cup of tea but ok these things can be changed. First checking the mechanical and cosmetic side

Greetings
Dax
napasteve
Mark, we Americans are inching our way toward metric! smile.gif
twistedstang
Wrong.......Americans rolleyes.gif .....tisk-tisk slap.gif
You should have embraced the metric system. shades.gif

I can't read it but it's likeley it's kgf/cm^, other clue is it only goes up to 5.
kilopascale = .14 psi
kilogram/cm^ =14.2 psi

Just remember. There are two kinds of countries in this world. Those that use the metric system, and those that have been to the moon.
flag.gif
Larmo63
At this point, I doubt we really ever went to the moon.

stirthepot.gif
dax1969
Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Had a look today and indeed "oel" german for oil and kp/cm2.
Car showed 4 on the meter but have no clue if this is good. Saw the invoice of 6000 euro for the interior but the upholsterer has put in the gauges in the wrong way. Great

Krgds
Dax
SirAndy
QUOTE(twistedstang @ Sep 19 2017, 04:30 AM) *
Just remember. There are two kinds of countries in this world. Those that use the metric system, and those that have been to the moon.

You do realize that all the telemetry for your moon flight was done in metric, yes?
bye1.gif

Also, we pesky Germans build those moon rockets for you, you are welcome!
smilie_flagge6.gif

87m491
1 KiloPascal= 1 Bar = 1.01 Atmosphere = 14.5 PSI

So your showing ~ 4.5 bar of oil pressure or ~65 PSI which is very good or great depending on oil temp and RPM.

QUOTE(dax1969 @ Sep 19 2017, 07:58 AM) *

Had a look today and indeed "oel" german for oil and kp/cm2.
Car showed 4 on the meter but have no clue if this is good. Saw the invoice of 6000 euro for the interior but the upholsterer has put in the gauges in the wrong way. Great

Krgds
Dax
Rav914
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Sep 19 2017, 09:46 AM) *

Also, we pesky Germans build those moon rockets for you, you are welcome!
smilie_flagge6.gif

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rYco0UsWhLc

From "The Right Stuff"
burton73
QUOTE(napasteve @ Sep 18 2017, 07:25 PM) *

Mark, we Americans are inching our way toward metric! smile.gif

What no Whitworth!

Just when you thought it was safe with 2 tool sets.

Bob B
whitetwinturbo
Mark, we Americans are one foot closer toward metric!
walterolin
"Wrong.......Americans.....tisk-tisk ...
You should have embraced the metric system."

Somebody needs to tell the Canadian National Railroad...

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.