Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: SOT: new eBay phishing scam...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Mueller
This is a new one to me:

got the usual message from eBay about someone questioning an item I for sale (actually selling nothing right now)

when you click on the "respond" now button, it pulls up an authentic website until you read the address....tricky little f'ers...had I been selling something I might have responded...oh yea, another giveaway was they didn't use the correct eBay ID for me.....

skline
OOohhh that one sounds like it will get a few folks. Why are people so damn sneaky?
xitspd
Mike,

I got the same message. The English was off a little and the words were constructed in a British fashion. I believe the message originated in Singapore. I have spent quite a bit of time in that part of the world. WATCH OUT!

Dan ohmy.gif
bondo
What do they ask for? Or are they just trying to gather email addresses of people who don't notice they didn't really go to ebay's site? I always reply directly by email to questions on my items, so I guess that trick won't work on me smile.gif
a914luvr
They're trying to get your ebay password so that they can gain access to your credit card info that's on file.
Gint
Unfuchinbelievable dry.gif
Michael J
I just got one of these emails this morning that wanted me to log onto my Pay Pal account. It didn't make sense to me and I saw there was nothing about PayPal in the address so I just deleted.

I did send the link to Pay Pal.

What a bunch of losers. ar15.gif
airsix
QUOTE (Sammy @ May 20 2005, 07:11 PM)
I hate people.
People suck.
finger.gif ar15.gif

Can't we pass a voter initiative or something that will allow us to legally work together to track these people down and shoot them? I'm sure killing just 50% of them would rehabilitate the remaining 50%.

-Ben M.
grasshopper
someone contacted my dad, supposidly from EBAY, and asked for....sumin or another, and he thought it was real and gave his info. Lost about 100 bucks, before we realized it. It really sucks mad.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.