Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New Cell
914World.com > The 914 Forums > The Paddock
Cracker
Well this was a long overdue upgrade...there were a couple issues with the PMS cell that came with the car. The low capacity of the PMS cell (10 gallons) means I have a limited session length of about 25 minutes - max. It is also a PITA to remove the cell with the supply/return connections located on the bottom of the unit - like an original tank. It also became difficult to tie in a swirl pot...

The solution? The cell from Fuel Safe - I am impressed with the fit and finish with the only real disappointment being the lack of thought put into securing it in the car. It also has a Deatsch Werks in-tank pump with big capacity and power. All of the connections now exit through the cover plate on the topside of the cell. I elected to have the Holley Fuel map attached to the pick-up but this was probably not necessary on my application.

Here it is...

Tony

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
cali914
Does that fit on top of the front sway bar? It looks great and I bet you don't have any problems with the fuel sending unit. Ha Ha Ha
gms
Very nice, is that a stock tank they build or a custom you had them make?
Jetsetsurfshop
How much fuel does that setup hold now?
Cracker
Cali - Yes, a modern, reliable sending unit is nice!

Glenn - This is not the PMS "stock" tank they make...it does fit nicely in the stock location but has much more capacity than the other unit.

Shane - 14 gallons
pcar916
QUOTE(Cracker @ Sep 21 2017, 07:34 PM) *

Cali - Yes, a modern, reliable sending unit is nice!

Glenn - This is not the PMS "stock" tank they make...it does fit nicely in the stock location but has much more capacity than the other unit.

Shane - 14 gallons

Pretty!
wes
Looks great, guessing it’s a spendy addition.
Cracker
Thank you fellas...I have been able to use it twice on track - no drama and I was able ro bring the swirl pot back online. Yes, a little spendy...

Tony
campbellcj
Looks good! I have had the PMS-FS cell in mine for many years and can confirm issues with both capacity and fuel sender/gauge function. As I've only run 20-30 min sessions to-date it has not been a 'problem' but it does overflow readily if overfilled and I've done that a number of times huh.gif . I typically fill 4-5 gals per session and run it down to a 1-2 gal reserve, aiming to end the session with the low-fuel light (light works but not gauge, will troubleshoot that someday) just starting to flicker and no starvation in corners. Basically my fuel gauge is knowing the car's burn rate is ~ 1gal/5mins at speed...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.