Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914-6 GT Engine oil lines & more!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
Bernie B
This is a plug and play kit to install all the engine compartment oil lines for a 914-6 GT. I patterned these after my Factory Original oil lines and built them with O.E. Cohline hose and fittings (these are the later type fittings that are crimped onto the hose). Also included is a Factory 911S aluminum oil filter council with fittings, spacer (also patterned after my original), a 914-6 GT Thermostat with the mounting flange, an oil pressure bypass valve (Jeff Hines) and finally a large oil filler neck & cap (SMC) and of course all the special oil lines to tie this all together. SOLD!

Thx,
Bernie bbuschen@comcast.net
pete000
Very impressive !

What was the advantage of this system over the stock 914-6 system?
Bernie B
QUOTE(pete000 @ Sep 18 2017, 09:53 PM) *

Very impressive !

What was the advantage of this system over the stock 914-6 system?

The 914-6 GT uses an RSR / 906 / 910 / 908 type front mounted oil cooler. These oil lines direct the oil to the cooler or bypass via the thermostat if the oil is not up to temp. The oil pressure relief valve protects the oil cooler from oil pressure spikes by rerouting the oil back into the oil filler neck.

Thx,
Bernie
burton73
What do we do to get the oil to the oil cooler? I am not sure, as I do not see it in your kit.
Bernie B
QUOTE(burton73 @ Sep 19 2017, 08:50 AM) *

What do we do to get the oil to the oil cooler? I am not sure, as I do not see it in your kit.

The factory used brass oil tubes along the Lt. Rocker panel and ran them into the cockpit near the driver’s feet. Then use armored rubber oil lines to go through the firewall and connect to the oil cooler. There are other methods as well, the most common is to use Aero-Quip lines to and from the cooler. I do not have the brass oil lines, armored hoses or the cooler. I do have a fiberglass air shroud I will include in the kit.
Here is a link to the brass lines http://www.pbase.com/9146gt/factory_origin...rts_brass_lines
Bernie B
These Items are SOLD!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.