Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 160 amp alt kit
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jwc914
I purchased this 160 amp alt kit from pete newman a while ago. I installed it but because of some very serious injuries I was unable to get it to work. I spent around $500 for the kit and bought a new fuse panel also. I have taken the car to Kens Sportech in san jose and he is completely Handcuffed by my attempt to get reliable electrical power in this car. He wants to put a used 75 amp alternator and a rusty old used fuse panel in it. Does any one know Pete Newman and can He call Mark his number 408 377-8055 Also fuse panel is Jwest
rjames
Print out the instructions that Pete included in the product sale thread and hand them to your mechanic.

Thread can be found here:
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...hl=Pete++Newman
Mark Henry
I believe the same for the Jwest, instructions are on his site.

I hope all is well and you are recovered from your injuries.
timothy_nd28
Petes kit is nothing but awesome, I suspect the trouble is elsewhere unless the polarity was wired backwards for whatever reason. If you lived nearby, I would definitely help with going thru your setup.
I would start with taking Petes alternator to a autoparts store and have them test it. This needs to be known as good before any diagnostics are preformed.
GregAmy
Just curious, but what are we running on these cars that requires a 160A alternator? That's my twin-battery 7.3L Powerstroke Diesel Ford Excursion capability...
Mark Henry
QUOTE(GregAmy @ Sep 20 2017, 08:32 AM) *

Just curious, but what are we running on these cars that requires a 160A alternator? That's my twin-battery 7.3L Powerstroke Diesel Ford Excursion capability...

It's agree it's overkill, but huge stereos, halogen rally lights, etc... backwoods welder?
For sure no shortage of power. biggrin.gif
mepstein
It would be a great power source for electric a/c
bandjoey
QUOTE(mepstein @ Sep 20 2017, 08:48 AM) *

It would be a great power source for electric a/c

agree.gif
jwc914
Thanks guys, I went by there today and Pete has gotten in touch with Mark, So will be done soon. Had another seizure on Tuesday, have broken nose, cracked eye socket, eye swollen shut and cracked ribs but I am happy 914 will be done soon.. John
McMark
QUOTE(jwc914 @ Sep 25 2017, 11:54 PM) *

Thanks guys, I went by there today and Pete has gotten in touch with Mark, So will be done soon. Had another seizure on Tuesday, have broken nose, cracked eye socket, eye swollen shut and cracked ribs but I am happy 914 will be done soon.. John

DAMN! sad.gif Ouch...that sucks...

That CA medicine is supposed to do wonders for seizures. smoke.gif Although I suppose there are multiple types of seizures.

But a nice drive in a 914 can make any day seem a little brighter. driving.gif
toolguy
QUOTE(jwc914 @ Sep 25 2017, 08:54 PM) *

So will be done soon. Had another seizure on Tuesday, have broken nose, cracked eye socket, eye swollen shut and cracked ribs but I am happy 914 will be done soon.. John

Don't mean to rain on your parade, but in Calif, if you have a seizure, I seem to remember your driving license is revoked for a 6 months seizure free period and a medical release to DMV. . Dr. is suppose to report to DMV. . anyway that's the way it went for my wife when she had a seizure and brain tumor. Driving when seizure prone is a risk to you and everyone else on the road also. .
Mikey914
May depend on cause.
My wife almost died from meningitis had a seizure but it was related to the virus.
ConeDodger
In California any "loss of consciousness" event is reported. From there, it is a case by case DMV evaluation. If isolated, DL will probably be sustained. If on medication and controlled, DL might be suspended for a period of time to make sure it is controlled. If medicated and non-compliant, DL will probably be revoked.
jwc914
Just got a letter from dmv. What great timing. No need to read it I should not be driving at all. Probably not for a few months. Not sure when It starts but I will drive it once at least,
ConeDodger
QUOTE(jwc914 @ Sep 28 2017, 03:52 AM) *

Just got a letter from dmv. What great timing. No need to read it I should not be driving at all. Probably not for a few months. Not sure when It starts but I will drive it once at least,

Sorry... sad.gif

Follow your doc's recommendations and you'll get through it...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.