Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Rear 'C' shaped clip for radio
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
Rob-O
Looking for one of the 'C' shaped clips that clip onto the radio. The clip has two small tabs that then attach to the firewall behind the dash.
Tom_T
If you can't find one Rob, then you might be able to fab one if someone else has oe to model from, &/or if you can measure one up to fab.

You might also try Bruce Stone/bdstone on here, Rich Bontempi at HPH (High Performance House) in Redwood City CA, & AA - cuz they all have big parts stashes.

Good Luck! beerchug.gif
Tom
///////
Mike Fitton
Is this what you are looking for?

Click to view attachment
Rob-O
It looks like the part in this picture that the red wire is around. On the backside of the clip, the part you can't see, there are two clips that fit into the two holes on the firewall behind the radio.

I used to have one of these clips, but can't find it!
Mike Fitton
I don't believe the back of your radio will reach far enough to clip into that C bracket if attached to the firewall. You need the above bracket I posted above attached to the back of the radio to extend it then it gets mated to the C bracket attached to the firewall. So I think you need both, anyone else know?

Click to view attachment
Jett
Correct, my 73 stock radio has both.

QUOTE(Mike Fitton @ Sep 19 2017, 03:36 PM) *

I don't believe the back of your radio will reach far enough to clip into that C bracket if attached to the firewall. You need the above bracket I posted above attached to the back of the radio to extend it then it gets mated to the C bracket attached to the firewall. So I think you need both, anyone else know?

Click to view attachment

914Sixer
There is two versions of the C clip. A long one and a short one. The radio also needs a C clip on the back too. Added pictures of sizes and radio c clip installation location.
Rob-O
I appreciate the great information. I have a Blaupunkt Frankfurt I just picked up that is in need of repair. It has a hole smack dab in the middle in the back which looks like it would accept the clip that attaches to the radio. So my guess is I'll definitely need that part. After that I think I'll need the short black clip. Mike you sell a ton of Blaupunkts here, is the clip for the back of the radio you posted for sale?

I'm also on the lookout for speaker wires (my Frankfurt is a stereo unit) if anyone has the wires...
914Sixer
4 wire plug for speakers is available one Ebay for $68.
Mike Fitton
QUOTE(Rob-O @ Sep 20 2017, 08:35 AM) *

I appreciate the great information. I have a Blaupunkt Frankfurt I just picked up that is in need of repair. It has a hole smack dab in the middle in the back which looks like it would accept the clip that attaches to the radio. So my guess is I'll definitely need that part. After that I think I'll need the short black clip. Mike you sell a ton of Blaupunkts here, is the clip for the back of the radio you posted for sale?

I'm also on the lookout for speaker wires (my Frankfurt is a stereo unit) if anyone has the wires...

That was an old picture but i may still have one, no C clip though. Are you looking for these type of speaker plugs?

Click to view attachment
Rob-O
Yessir. I have four round holes on my Frankfurt for the speakers. it looks like the later style was a pin and a flat male spade connector. I definitely do not have that type.
Mike Fitton
QUOTE(Rob-O @ Sep 20 2017, 12:38 PM) *

Yessir. I have four round holes on my Frankfurt for the speakers. it looks like the later style was a pin and a flat male spade connector. I definitely do not have that type.

Ok, I will check tonight to see what I have.
Rob-O
Thanks Mike.
Mike Fitton
Here is what I have, not sure how much to ask. How about $25 including shipping?

Click to view attachment
Rob-O
Deal
Mike,
Do you have any more C clips for the that mount to the rear of the radio??
Thanks,914/Alan
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.