Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914-6 GT Oil System parts
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
Gloy62
I am selling off parts for my my GT project, let me know if you are interested? I am asking $4,500 OBO, make me an offer.

Here is the list.
914-6 Oil tank
GT Oil filter console - magnesium, the flange is damaged but my mech said the seal will cover that. (see pictures)
GT Oil filter console spacer
GT Oil thermostat - male fittings (2)
Gloy62
QUOTE(Gloy62 @ Sep 19 2017, 10:10 AM) *

I am selling off parts for my my GT project, let me know if you are interested? I am asking $4,500 OBO, make me an offer.

Here is the list.
914-6 Oil tank
GT Oil filter console - magnesium, the flange is damaged but my mech said the seal will cover that. (see pictures)
GT Oil filter console spacer
GT Oil thermostat - male fittings (2)

Price change, make me an offer!
SixerJ
I know that we are not meant to comment on adverts, but I think it would help your sale if you added some more information and pictures of the parts

Oil tank condition? New but dusty, used & un-tested, used and tested (paperwork?), repaired, rusted out or what?

Spacer is a regular -6 or long hood spacer, GT spacers are totally different

Mag consoles as you point out are prone to mag rot. The lips can be repaired via machining and a new ring fitted. To seal properly I think that machining would need to be carried out on your unit (IMHO). Are the threads still intact after removing the steel adapters?

Photo showing the pressure valve screw, your angle doesn't quite show it but is it actually there? A buyer could not tell from the photos you have posted

Oil lines, the standard 911S 90 degree metal branches to the T Stat are no use in a GT set up, but the aluminium hose fitting is of use

Guessing the T stat is a regular 911 unit rather than one with the fixing bar on the back

You do have value in some of those parts, but price is a tad strong IMHO

Post more pictures and info on tank condition etc and I guess the market will decide

GLWTS
gms
QUOTE(SixerJ @ Sep 20 2017, 01:26 PM) *

I know that we are not meant to comment on adverts, but I think it would help your sale if you added some more information and pictures of the parts

Oil tank condition? New but dusty, used & un-tested, used and tested (paperwork?), repaired, rusted out or what?

Spacer is a regular -6 or long hood spacer, GT spacers are totally different

Mag consoles as you point out are prone to mag rot. The lips can be repaired via machining and a new ring fitted. To seal properly I think that machining would need to be carried out on your unit (IMHO). Are the threads still intact after removing the steel adapters?

Photo showing the pressure valve screw, your angle doesn't quite show it but is it actually there? A buyer could not tell from the photos you have posted

Oil lines, the standard 911S 90 degree metal branches to the T Stat are no use in a GT set up, but the aluminium hose fitting is of use

Guessing the T stat is a regular 911 unit rather than one with the fixing bar on the back

You do have value in some of those parts, but price is a tad strong IMHO

Post more pictures and info on tank condition etc and I guess the market will decide

GLWTS

what he said and...
Is the GT spacer stock or a reproduction?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.