Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FS: 914-6 GT Brakes
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
Bernie B
914-6 GT Brakes. 908 type front calipers, vented front rotors, Spaced 914-6 GT rear calipers and extremely rare NOS / NLA 914-6 GT vented rea brake rotors. These rotors are true 914-6 GT as they are properly spaced for the caliper and do not have the inner brake drum for the 911 E-Brake. Everything is reconditioned with new seals and the rotors are new. $8,000.00 plus shipping & PayPal

Thx,
Bernie bbuschen@comcast.net
bdstone914
How are the rear GT rotors different from 911 rear rotors that are 20mm thick?
mepstein
QUOTE(bdstone914 @ Sep 20 2017, 10:13 AM) *

I thought Eric Shea said the GT rotors are still available for $350/pair. In any case, the sales price of this set is at least 2-3 times the normal price for these parts. The rear calipers come up for sale at least once a month and the fronts are available from pmb. Everybody’s entitled to make a profit but these prices are crazy high.
11tenths

You have to remove approx 6mm from the overall diameter to fit inside the 914-6 GT calipers.

Cost me $125 to have them cut.

-Harry
mountainroads
QUOTE(mepstein @ Sep 20 2017, 07:27 AM) *

I thought Eric Shea said the GT rotors are still available for $350/pair. In any case, the sales price of this set is at least 2-3 times the normal price for these parts. The rear calipers come up for sale at least once a month and the fronts are available from pmb. Everybody’s entitled to make a profit but these prices are crazy high.

Not to step in the middle, but genuine 914-6 GT rotors are extremely hard to come by. Trust me - I tried to find a pair and the guy I knew who had 2 sets (not Bernie), politely declined to part with his spare pair. As noted by seller, originals make no provision for the 911 drum e-brake. Eric Shea rebuilt my calipers and told me vented rears were unnecessary from a functional standpoint, as I was interested in converting at the time.

As to price: It's only crazy if you don't get it. Someone wanting to make a "proper" 914-6 GT ?? Just my .02.

- MR
mepstein
QUOTE(mountainroads @ Sep 20 2017, 11:34 AM) *

QUOTE(mepstein @ Sep 20 2017, 07:27 AM) *

Not to step in the middle, but genuine 914-6 GT rotors are extremely hard to come by. Trust me - I tried to find a pair and the guy I knew who had 2 sets (not Bernie), politely declined to part with his spare pair. As noted by seller, originals make no provision for the 911 drum e-brake. Eric Shea rebuilt my calipers and told me vented rears were unnecessary from a functional standpoint, as I was interested in converting at the time.

As to price: It's only crazy if you don't get it. Someone wanting to make a "proper" 914-6 GT ?? Just my .02.

- MR

I get it. I have a couple sets of GT front and rear calipers and we have a set of real, not reproduction 908 calipers, at the shop. What I am saying is, anyone can buy all the parts being sold here for half the advertised price. Give Eric Shea a call, send him $4k and I bet he has all the parts in your hands in a week. Paying double that is the crazy part. If Eric can’t do it for $4k, I sure can. Give me $8k and you’ll get the real 908 calipers from a 911 ST .
SixerJ
For those who are interested, below is an extract from the spare parts manual for the GT braking system

As Bernie says in his original post, proper GT rotors are machined differently. No option for the 911 handbrake & I recall the rotor offset is different to the 911 part number, hence why you need a spacer / machine the rotors to make a regular 911 rotor to work with GT callipers

Differences are well documented in pbase and elsewhere on the world

As MR says, the rotors are well and truly NLA & the real deal for a cock on GT

GLWTS Bernie

Click to view attachment
pete000
Nice stuff non the less !
Bernie B
I usually only do emails and check the forums in the evenings. Quite the surprise on all the activity on this one. I guess it kind of turned into a technical thread with lots of good information. There are several inquiries on various parts of what I put up for sale. I think I have responded to everyone, If not please let me know. Everything hinges on the front calipers, if they are sold I will sell the other parts independently in the order of requests. Here is the parts box and part number of the brake rotors as per SIXERJ’s post.
As you can see by the old part sticker on the Lt. these are NOS, and the new sticker on the Rt. with the bar code is very curious.Click to view attachment
Thx,
Bernie
gms
QUOTE(mepstein @ Sep 20 2017, 09:27 AM) *

Mark,
Please get me 5 sets of proper GT rear rotors for $350/pair
thanks,
Glenn

icon_bump.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.