Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Arrived Asheville this afternoon
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
stevend914
This morning my windshield wipers decided not to work. So did the cigarette lighter socket. Not to mention the radio. Ughhh...
nditiz1
QUOTE(stevend914 @ Sep 20 2017, 01:19 PM) *

This morning my windshield wipers decided not to work. So did the cigarette lighter socket. Not to mention the radio. Ughhh...

Check #8 fuse. Also check your relay.
dlee6204
QUOTE(nditiz1 @ Sep 20 2017, 05:27 PM) *

QUOTE(stevend914 @ Sep 20 2017, 01:19 PM) *

Check #8 fuse. Also check your relay.

agree.gif

I live just north of Asheville so if you need anything while in town.
jim_hoyland
Wiper, cig lighter and fresh air fan are on that same fuse. Next time your wipers stop working check the cig lighter or Fresh air fan; if they work, it's not the fuse.
DRPHIL914
Jims right - my fan only works on one setting, if it gets off one or theother then it causes overload and shorts the circuit pops that fuse. I now have a new fuse block with the blade fuses and I have the ones that light if it blows so I can tell easily if one pops- I will be your fan may have shorted the fuse -but maybe it just got bumped and is just off a bit?
This is also why I have RainX on my windshield- helps a lot if the wipers don't work!
stevend914
Thanks for your responses - yesterday before leaving GSMNP and entering Blue Ridge Parkway, I checked all my fuses with all looking good. I even replaced 8, 9, & 10 with no change. This morning before my tour, I rechecked the fuses and all looked good. This afternoon, started the car to head back to the hotel, wipers wiped, radio lit up, cig socket working. I'll never understand this electrical stuff!!
nditiz1
My fuses were also not bad. I did swap relays around after my wipers/fresh air fan were intermittently working. After the swap they now work all the time, every time.
stevend914
QUOTE(nditiz1 @ Sep 21 2017, 02:05 PM) *

My fuses were also not bad. I did swap relays around after my wipers/fresh air fan were intermittently working. After the swap they now work all the time, every time.

I'll change out mine once I get back home, thanks.
Cracker
It was nice seeing you again Steven...safe travels on the trip home!

Tony
stevend914
QUOTE(Cracker @ Sep 21 2017, 08:49 PM) *

It was nice seeing you again Steven...safe travels on the trip home!

Tony

Thanks Tony, had a good time in Helen and Asheville, really good drives. Hope all goes well with your wife.

Steve
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.