Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Should I adjust my sway bar?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
MoveQik
Prior to lowering my car I had a Weltmeister 22mm swaybar installed. Since then I have lowered the car about 2 - 2/1/2". Should I make any adjustments to the swaybar?
TravisNeff
Only if you stiffened up the rear of the car as well. You did just put in 140's in the back right (upgrade from stock, right?) If so, I'd set it about 1/2 stiff or stiffer (moving the drop links towards the bar). Take some aggressive turns and feel what the car wants to do, does it plow in the front end (too much front bar), tailhappy? too little bar. Play around with it under a repeatable manner to get to where you like it.
MoveQik
Yeah, the rear springs were added after the bar.

It doesn't seem to keep the car as flat as it used to. Would those adjustments fix that?
TravisNeff
Tighten up the bar to get the car flatter, if you get it too tight you will plow the front end around corners. Doesn't hurt anything playing around with your settings. Move your drop links evenly from side to side.
MoveQik
I'll screw around with it tomorrow.

You catching any of the game?
TravisNeff
It's on the TV right now, but heading out of here in a little bit to the cabin near Flag tonight.
Aaron Cox
does it have adjustable droplinks?

the optimum geometry is to have the arms of the bar parallel with the ground
MoveQik
QUOTE (Aaron Cox @ May 20 2005, 06:54 PM)
does it have adjustable droplinks?

the optimum geometry is to have the arms of the bar parallel with the ground

I think they are adjustable. It's hard to remember exactly how it handled prior to me tearing it all apart(I didn't remove the suspension or sway bar) but it seemed to stay a little more flat.

Maybe I have just been looking at too many pics of you guys doing 50 around a corner while the car is stuck like glue!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.