Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: CHT sensors GB PN 0280130012
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Mikey914
I've been making these for some time and they were made for the2.0 but also work for the 1.7.

The head is stainless steel so will not corrode onto the head like the old ones did. The current creates galvanic corrosion so these will actually wok better over the long haul.

If we can sell 10 you save some cash. Bump for the code. I also have several other items going right now too so you can combine.

-Mark
seanpaulmc
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Sep 23 2017, 12:10 PM) *

I've been making these for some time and they were made for the2.0 but also work for the 1.7.

The head is stainless steel so will not corrode onto the head like the old ones did. The current creates galvanic corrosion so these will actually wok better over the long haul.

If we can sell 10 you save some cash. Bump for the code. I also have several other items going right now too so you can combine.

-Mark

Bump
markhoward
count me in
914_teener
I'm in Mark....for the next motor.

Need two inner door seals as well for my passenger side.

icon_bump.gif
walterolin
More crack - I'm in for one.
914Next

-Mark

Mark are there any differences for the '73-'76 2.0's ? Mines a '73. Hasn't gone out yet but will now because I said that. If good for a '73 I'm in. Thanks.
Olympic 914
What is the cold Ohm resistance ?

Mikey914
QUOTE(Olympic 914 @ Sep 23 2017, 05:25 PM) *

Depends on the temperature.
These are matched to the 2.0 curve.

draganc
Mark,

Count me in for one.

Thanks,
dc
Porschef
I'll give one a whirl
Freezin 914
I will take one, icon_bump.gif
Olympic 914
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Sep 23 2017, 09:15 PM) *

QUOTE(Olympic 914 @ Sep 23 2017, 05:25 PM) *

Depends on the temperature.
These are matched to the 2.0 curve.

I'll give one a try also, send me the code...
whitetwinturbo
popcorn[1].gif
Mikey914
QUOTE(914Next @ Sep 23 2017, 10:46 AM) *

-Mark

Mark are there any differences for the '73-'76 2.0's ? Mines a '73. Hasn't gone out yet but will now because I said that. If good for a '73 I'm in. Thanks.

The only difference is that some have a ballast in line with it. If you have one and all your components are in the factory configuration, otherwise do not add one.

Mikey914
I will be sending out codes here late today. I also have 3 other GBs running so you can combine.
They are -
- The CHT for D jet PN 0280130012
-shift bushings GB
-GB for Mirror - Late
-GB for the positive terminal block that will be launching tonight and I'm working on a complete cable option.

Thanks all!
turk22
I will take one as well
Mikey914
PMs sent to all so far
Closing this sunday.
JamesM
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Sep 25 2017, 12:06 AM) *

QUOTE(914Next @ Sep 23 2017, 10:46 AM) *

-Mark

The only difference is that some have a ballast in line with it. If you have one and all your components are in the factory configuration, otherwise do not add one.

Double check that. If my memory serves me the "proper" sensor for a 73 2.0 setup had a resistance curve that was quite a bit different off by something like >1k ohms when cold. 73 was an odd duck setup as it used a unique CHT and MPS to get the 2.0 to run correctly on the 72 1.7 ECU. 74 the 2.0 got a unique ECU and went back to using sensors with curves closer to the 1.7s.

Ill see if I can dig up the data, if not I have both a 73 and 74 setup I can compare.
JamesM
Looks like Brand Anders has some of the data on his site.
https://members.rennlist.com/pbanders/DJetParts.htm

At operating temp they are similar but the warm-up curve is significantly different. Long time ago I had a 73 with a miss matched CHT sensor, ran like absolute garbage until it came up to temp. It will run, warmup is trash though. That was actually the motor i did my first Megasquirt build on because even 15 years ago it was near impossible to find the 017 sensor a 73 2.0 needs.

If you want to save guys running 73 2.0s a lot of headaches make a run of these with a thermistor that has the same curve as the 0 280 130 017 sensor.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.