Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Would this fit?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
RacingDreamz
We recently got in a 1979 Triumph TR7 with an extra engine. This extra engine has been professionally rebuilt with a Rimmer Bros. kit(.20 over, reground cam, hi po valves, etc). My question is, will this 2.0L straight four cylinder fit in a 914? Would it be possible?
TIA. smile.gif
mepstein
Anything can be made to fit with enough time and money.
URY914
Don't even think about it. chair.gif
Front yard mechanic
Maybe you could put the Porsche motor in the triumph grouphug.gif
Porschef
I agree with Paul...Put it in the 7 or wait till it needs the transplant. The TR7 is a nice handling vehicle, but it's a slug. Hence TR8...where checking/tightening of all cooling system clamps is part of regular maintenance...
My 914
I agree as well. I had a TR7 at one time. Overall a nice car but I wa s never impressed with the engine. I don't think it would be worth the effort.
Spoke
Sell the engine online. Here's a popular Triumph site:

Triumph Experience
bdstone914
Why? Just because you have the engine ? Convert to water cooled ,cut up the front end, install a radiator, adapt a lot, for what gain?
cali914
OMG don't think about it worst motor I ever owned. Bought a tr7 from dealer in mid 80s and it blew up in one month. I paid 2300 back then rebuilt engine and it was crap.
SixerJ
Agree with Cali and others, the 7 engine was a pants design and had poor reliability.

Spend all those $ on mods to the car, or spend the same $ on an uprated flat 4....with lower CG, more or less bolt right in

Better still, do nothing to the car and enjoy it, sell the lump and buy beer3.gif
whitetwinturbo
..................... will it fit in the passenger seat confused24.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.