Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Today at Sklines Garage
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
skline
I worked alone today, kind of unusual. It got to be around 6 and I thought I still had plenty of daylight left and the car needed some things done to it. I needed to rebuild the water pump and seal up the Fuel pump block off plate which has leaked since I put the engine in. So I lifted up the passenger side rear and removed the water pump and took it into the garage. Bought a new impeller from my local supply house where I get a shops discount now since they all know me by name and I have spent so much money with them. Took it apart and put the new impeller on and then went to put it back in the car. Got it almost in and Slits and Toast show up. We chat for a bit while waiting for TonyAKAVW to show up. It starts getting dark so I jump back on the car to put it back together. I had to pull out the lights to see but got it all back in and hooked up and then fixed the block off plate and sealed it up. Started the car in the dark and noticed a very minor leak from one of the hoses. I will fix it in the morning. Still need to pull the tranny and install the new one with the H gear in it. I may or may not get to it tomorrow. I think I may try to drive it over to Joe's tomorrow to see how it handles on the freeway. That is if the tranny in there will hold up. We will just have to see how it goes tomorrow. Anyone want to come help me swap out the tranny in the morning? With 2 people I think we can do it in about an hour or so. smash.gif
Grimstead
What Time? I should be free in the afternoon. Maybe even drag Aaron with me.

PS, Just saw Kingdom of Heaven. Not a bad movie...
DrifterJay
very good movie indeed....when I was there we did your tranny in 45 min...that was including cutting off the exhaust...lol...and the custom paint work on it.... biggrin.gif
maf914
QUOTE (Grimstead @ May 21 2005, 12:22 AM)
PS, Just saw Kingdom of Heaven. Not a bad movie...

The movie critics panned it. But what do they know? laugh.gif I'd like to see it though. biggrin.gif
skline
Well, I have to be at Joe's house by 3 today for a little get together to celebrate his birthday. It is just a small family and friends thing. I was hoping if I were to go for it, I would do it this morning sometime.

Kingdom of Heaven? I have not even heard of that one. I will have to look that up.
SLITS
QUOTE (DrifterJay @ May 21 2005, 04:12 AM)
very good movie indeed....when I was there we did your tranny in 45 min...that was including cutting off the exhaust...lol...and the custom paint work on it.... biggrin.gif

Hey.....Tony delivered another 1.8 for you to turn into small aluminum & cast iron pieces when you return biggrin.gif
Grimstead
Hi Scott,
Just got back, looks like I missed you. If you arn't finished, how about tomorrow?

Bill
Rusty
Sounds like a productive day. smilie_pokal.gif

It was beautiful today here in Kansas.

I worked on the car a bit... yanked the backpad so I could reseal the rear window. Discovered that I need to repair the clips on the backpad. Gonna try some epoxy tomorrow to fix the clips. blink.gif The window went in okay. Not great, but okay. I hate working with that butyl crap.

Also installed the new front Koni sport to replace the one that exploded... and got it packed up to send back for warranty. smile.gif

Oh, and I picked up my summer college textbooks. unsure.gif

-Rusty smoke.gif
Elliot_Cannon
I had a wonderful day today in traffic school. If it didn't take the point for speeding off my record it would have been a total waist of time. I might be able to come over and help tomorrow. What would be a good time?
Cheers, Elliot
Aaron Cox
i came over and did nothing. along with alberto.

then we went over to Joe Buckles....and did nothing but eat and hang out.

AHHhhhh.... the life.

and we made fun of 'old man scott' biggrin.gif

jk Skline wink.gif
skline
I have to go fix my grandpa's car in the morning, I should be back working on it around 10 or 11. I dont know if I am going to try to do the tranny yet or wait till I take it back to the muffler shop and have them make the exhaust system removable. The way it is now, I would have to cut the rear supports to take the system out and then weld it back in when I am done. That just isnt right. I need to try to figure out what the deal is with the alternator though. Its not charging. I will be out there working on it most of the day if any of you want to stop by.
neo914-6
QUOTE (skline @ May 20 2005, 11:37 PM)
I worked alone today, kind of unusual. It got to be around 6 and I thought I still had plenty of daylight left and the car needed some things done to it. I needed to rebuild the water pump and seal up the Fuel pump block off plate which has leaked since I put the engine in. So I lifted up the passenger side rear and removed the water pump and took it into the garage. Bought a new impeller from my local supply house where I get a shops discount now since they all know me by name and I have spent so much money with them. Took it apart and put the new impeller on and then went to put it back in the car. Got it almost in and Slits and Toast show up. We chat for a bit while waiting for TonyAKAVW to show up. It starts getting dark so I jump back on the car to put it back together. I had to pull out the lights to see but got it all back in and hooked up and then fixed the block off plate and sealed it up. Started the car in the dark and noticed a very minor leak from one of the hoses. I will fix it in the morning. Still need to pull the tranny and install the new one with the H gear in it. I may or may not get to it tomorrow. I think I may try to drive it over to Joe's tomorrow to see how it handles on the freeway. That is if the tranny in there will hold up. We will just have to see how it goes tomorrow.  Anyone want to come help me swap out the tranny in the morning? With 2 people I think we can do it in about an hour or so.  :smash:

Scott,

clap.gif You did lot's more car work than I. The weather was beautiful up here so I walked with my daughter downtown for crepes and then to her elementary school for the Farmers Market.

BTW, what's the impeller part number? I am going to take my Simpson w/p apart before I sell it. The housing is quite different compared to my new Renegade w/p.

I spoke to Mark whos also building a V8 and am planning another Porsche V8 get together. I need another target to get my car done! Chris is planning to rebuild his engine again...
skline
Felix, I will send you a PM.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.