Full Version: SOT: but Porsche related
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
burton73
QUOTE(76-914 @ Sep 24 2017, 10:39 AM) *

Porsche Boxster street legal track/Race car, smoged - (San Diego) $999

wrong price it says $9,997
tomh
Actually it's priced too high.
None of the older Boxters are really worth much.
r_towle
I just went to a Pca DE event that John is running in.
The boxster is the new cheap Porsche race car
Lots of them, a whole group chasing each other.
Nasty paint jobs, stripped out interiors.

I'm gonna see if I can find one
Dave_Darling
The headline is too cheap. The ad itself is reasonable. $10K for a Box with decent track prep is fine. Less than $10K for a beat-up tired early Box is reasonable.

--DD
76-914
QUOTE(burton73 @ Sep 24 2017, 11:37 AM) *

I didn't see that. When I looked at it I saw only the $999. Hmmm. It was either edited or I wasn't fully awake. Probably my mistake. chair.gif
porschetub
QUOTE(76-914 @ Sep 25 2017, 11:47 AM) *

QUOTE(burton73 @ Sep 24 2017, 11:37 AM) *

I didn't see that. When I looked at it I saw only the $999. Hmmm. It was either edited or I wasn't fully awake. Probably my mistake. chair.gif

Dunno ,think that price was on purpose,jeez hope it has history ? DD made a good point about the race add on's but without history its a somewhat risky car worth maybe 7K.
A good friend just got bitten real bad with a "S" model,PO did RMS job and cheaped out on the clutch,he is less than happy with a car he really likes sad.gif .
DM_2000
QUOTE(porschetub @ Sep 24 2017, 07:03 PM) *

A good friend just got bitten real bad with a "S" model,PO did RMS job and cheaped out on the clutch,he is less than happy with a car he really likes sad.gif .

A replacement clutch can't be that $$$.

At least it isn't a later " what ever the 911 turned in to " that splits cylinders. Repairs outstrip what a running car is worth.
76-914
Agreed.You can pick up a nice one with blown engine for ~2K if your patient. After I finish this next conversion I think I'll do an LS swap into Boxster. w00t.gif
914_7T3
Looks like the market is nearing the bottom for 1st generation 986s. Depending on condition and mileage you can get into a good car between $5k-$10k.

However, do your research as they are ticking time bombs: depending on model year (1997-2008) there is a 1%-8% chance that the IMS bearing will fail and take out the motor.

Other known issues are ignition switches, water pumps, air/oil separators, coolant reservoirs among others. If you can find a clean one that has the above work already done, you'll have a great bang for the buck, open top roadster. As 914 owners, we already sing the praises of mid-engine, two seater fun cars and these are no exception.

https://www.pca.org/news/2017-09-20/model-g...owered-roadster
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.