Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Are my stickers too big?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
23e Heure
80% of the size would be better? And a bit further down maybe?

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image
Dion
As my bud Dave will attest I love vintage stickers.
The "boy racer" in me. As always do what you like.
They look good to me. I prefer a little higher not resized.
Here's a pic of my Heuer stickers.
Have fun.
wysri9
Stunning looking car - no strong feelings about sticker size, but the rest looks amazing. Another marker for me to use in my own build!
raynekat
Stickers look good. What is the meaning behind them?
porschetub
QUOTE(Dion @ Sep 25 2017, 10:11 AM) *

Have fun.

Not going too OT on this hopefully...have the same Cibie lights to go on my car what brackets are used?
Like the Heuer stickers BTW biggrin.gif .
DM_2000
Going down the road or looking at it in a car park, it is just fine.

If anything, the right side sticker could be up 2 inches to get it away from the fender flare curve. ( About the height of the left sticker, then center it between the fender flare curve and door opening. )

The left sticker could be a bit smaller to get the foot out of the fender flare, height looks good but, could go up 1/2 inch if that helps getting away from the fender flare curve.

You can easily do a visual test by using "paint" that is on all Windows based computers.
Larmo63
Yes, make them 80%. Too big, but very cool nonetheless.

smilie_pokal.gif
Larmo63
Click to view attachment
Dion
QUOTE(porschetub @ Sep 24 2017, 03:48 PM) *

QUOTE(Dion @ Sep 25 2017, 10:11 AM) *

Have fun.

Not going too OT on this hopefully...have the same Cibie lights to go on my car what brackets are used?
Like the Heuer stickers BTW biggrin.gif .

Sent you a pm Dean. Don't want to hijack thread heheh.
My 914
QUOTE(Larmo63 @ Sep 24 2017, 08:03 PM) *

Yes, make them 80%. Too big, but very cool nonetheless.

smilie_pokal.gif

agree.gif
Dion
QUOTE(raynekat @ Sep 24 2017, 03:23 PM) *

I believe the shield with the legs represents the "Isle of Man".
23e Heure
QUOTE(raynekat @ Sep 25 2017, 12:23 AM) *

The crest with the 3 legs uses the Sicilian national emblem, a "triskelion".
The three bent legs represent the three points of the triangular shape of the island of Sicily. (The Isle of Man flag incorporates a triskelion for the same reason).
IPB Image
The text at the top of the my own crest reads "siculamente", which is Sicilian slang for "Sicilian mentality / way of thinking".

Why do I want this on my car? Because I am one of the world's biggest Targa Florio obsessives screwy.gif
Check out my thread here covering one of my trips there, to compete in the Giro Di Sicilia: Giro Di Sicilia 2016 thread

The character holding the chequered flag is actually a sugar cube...

I was first turned on to sports car racing in the late 70s, when I watched a TV documentary about an English "aristocrat" who was building his own cars in a small mews in London, and racing them in the world sportscar championship.

This guy REALLY captured my imagination. He was able to give the factory teams a run for their money. I thought that was COOL (still do!).
If you've watched Victory By Design on the Speed Channel, you will know the guy: Alain De Cadenet.

In 1976 he finished 3rd at Le Mans, in a car sponsored by british sugar refiner Tate&Lyle, who designed this sponsorship logo to apply to the car:

IPB Image
defianty
Cool story, not that I hadn't heard it before though wink.gif
DM_2000
QUOTE(23e Heure @ Sep 25 2017, 07:09 AM) *

In the USA, in the '60s , a sugar cube had a certain meaning, ... and now it is for something, completely different.
Dion
QUOTE(23e Heure @ Sep 25 2017, 03:09 AM) *

QUOTE(raynekat @ Sep 25 2017, 12:23 AM) *

The crest with the 3 legs uses the Sicilian national emblem, a "triskelion".
The three bent legs represent the three points of the triangular shape of the island of Sicily. (The Isle of Man flag incorporates a triskelion for the same reason).
IPB Image
The text at the top of the my own crest reads "siculamente", which is Sicilian slang for "Sicilian mentality / way of thinking".

Why do I want this on my car? Because I am one of the world's biggest Targa Florio obsessives screwy.gif
Check out my thread here covering one of my trips there, to compete in the Giro Di Sicilia: Giro Di Sicilia 2016 thread

I was first turned on to sports car racing in the late 70s, when I watched a TV documentary about an English "aristocrat" who was building his own cars in a small mews in London, and racing them in the world sportscar championship.

This guy REALLY captured my imagination. He was able to give the factory teams a run for their money. I thought that was COOL (still do!).
If you've watched Victory By Design on the Speed Channel, you will know the guy: Alain De Cadenet.

In 1976 he finished 3rd at Le Mans, in a car sponsored by british sugar refiner Tate&Lyle, who designed this sponsorship logo to apply to the car:

IPB Image

James thanks for correcting me. You'd think I'd know that being 1/4 Sicilian heheh.
I thought Isle of Man instantly because I literally just finished watching a TV program of the British Rally raid being held there.
Thanks for the history lesson.
BTW: beautiful 914 you have. I see your postings on ddk occasionally
Cheers, Dion
IronHillRestorations
Great looking wide-body Dion!

I miss my old Marathon Blue, widebody with the rompin' stompin' 3.0
My 914
Excellent point. With all the emphasis on the stickers, don't want to lose site of a great looking car!
23e Heure
Thanks for the kind comments on the car.

It started as an already tidy light ivory 3.0 6 conversion, which i bought through the forum 2 years ago.

IPB Image

I completed the conversion work this summer.
I keep meaning to post a thread here showing the work... will do once I find the time between family shopping duties!

IPB Image

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.