Full Version: Restoration Design Swap meet/Open house
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
peteyd
SWAP MEET & CAR SHOW hosted by Restoration Design Inc. and WhaleTail Canada

September 30, 2017

Gates open at 7am RAIN OR SHINE

24 Hayes Ave. Guelph, ON N1E5V5
519-836-3555

We will also have their facility open for an Open House.

Click to view attachment Click to view attachment

r_towle
More pics and details on that truck please.
peteyd
QUOTE(r_towle @ Sep 25 2017, 05:45 AM) *

More pics and details on that truck please.

Here is a link to the pictures on instagram. It is a 1938 White COE, sitting on a 1991 Dodge dually frame. 12 valve cummins diesel pumping out 500hp

https://www.instagram.com/explore/tags/rdcoe/?hl=en
buck toenges
can you give me some info on the 356 getting the nose job?

Buck
peteyd
QUOTE(buck toenges @ Sep 25 2017, 03:50 PM) *

can you give me some info on the 356 getting the nose job?

Buck

That 356 is a 1953 Pre A coupe. Totally stripped waiting for us to restore it. Or if you're interested in it PM me.
peteyd
Mid week bump for the swap meet!

Hope to see some of you guys there.

Pete
Mark Henry
Ethan and I will be there early AM, but we can't stay very long as the lad has to work at 3pm.
I'll have to see if your seat fits in the old bug. wink.gif
GaroldShaffer
Dang it, my son has his conference meet for cross country on the 27th. If he wasn't running I would make the drive North. Please take lots of pictures.
peteyd
Here are a few shots from the show

https://www.instagram.com/p/BZrsKnggzTF/?hl...torationdesign1

Pete
Unobtanium-inc
I heard it was a good show, sorry I missed it.
Mark Henry
Me and the lad were there, word's getting out, this years showing was at least 3X's the size as last years. Real cool stuff like looking at a die for a full 356 nose clip.
The Lad now has every RD panel needed for his car.

RD has new machines, more presses on line, their product line has exploded in size.
I bet in a few more years they'll out grow their present large shop.
This family owned endeavour is world class and obviously looking to be is the best in the Porsche repair panel manufacturing and supply biz.
peteyd
QUOTE(Mark Henry @ Oct 3 2017, 03:06 AM) *

Me and the lad were there, word's getting out, this years showing was at least 3X's the size as last years. Real cool stuff like looking at a die for a full 356 nose clip.
The Lad now has every RD panel needed for his car.

RD has new machines, more presses on line, their product line has exploded in size.
I bet in a few more years they'll out grow their present large shop.
This family owned endeavour is world class and obviously looking to be is the best in the Porsche repair panel manufacturing and supply biz.

Thanks for the plug Mark. It was good seeing you and thanks for the deal on the seat.

We are running out of room fast, it seems as if we have to reorganize every 3 months.

Pete
peteyd
Here is a video of the event

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZZgpowFgm0Q

burton73
Peter,

Thank a lot for the video. Looks like everyone had a great time. I take it that was your little girl. Very cute. They grow up so fast.

Bob B

peteyd
QUOTE(burton73 @ Oct 17 2017, 12:08 PM) *

Peter,

Thank a lot for the video. Looks like everyone had a great time. I take it that was your little girl. Very cute. They grow up so fast.

Bob B

I think everyone had a pretty good time. At least I hope they did. It was a pretty good turn out.

That is my little girl, Marion. Shes quite a handful, and yes, everyday she is saying something new. Growing so fast!

Pete
wobbletop
Dammit. First I've heard of this.

Maybe more warning next time?
PatrickB
QUOTE(Unobtanium-inc @ Oct 2 2017, 05:27 PM) *

I heard it was a good show, sorry I missed it.

It was, nice facility. Went to pick up some parts from randy from Whaletail, saw a lot of neat stuff. Amazing facility!
peteyd
QUOTE(wobbletop @ Oct 17 2017, 07:47 PM) *

Dammit. First I've heard of this.

Maybe more warning next time?

Sorry, maybe I was a little late in letting people know.

You can sign up for our newsletter, and that way you wont have to keep an eye out here on the world.

Pete
jtprettyman
Didn't make the open house, but happened to be in Ontario on business last week and had to swing by. Many thanks to Peter for taking time out of his day to give me a tour and for some car talk. I have to say that we are blessed to have a company like RD and people like Peter feeding into our interest in these old cars. My professional life is in metal stamping / welding for the automotive industry, so I understand the substantial amount of capital and behind the scenes work it takes for this type of tooling and equipment. Thanks again Peter, for the tour and everything RD does for us!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.