Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: PDX Porsche Get Together Sat. 30th.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
cary
Looks like the weather is going to be nice this weekend so we thought we'd have another
get together next Saturday morning.
Kind of a Porsche only Cars & Coffee type event.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
raynekat
Starting on Fri, rain expected the next 6 days.
cary
Yep. Weather Channel is saying 50%. I'll show up, rain or shine.

It has a nice indoor area for sitting around and chewing the fat, so to speak.
I'll give it till around 10:30. If no one shows, back out to Forest Grove and welding on your car.
raynekat
QUOTE(cary @ Sep 27 2017, 07:25 AM) *

Yep. Weather Channel is saying 50%. I'll show up, rain or shine.

It has a nice indoor area for sitting around and chewing the fat, so to speak.
I'll give it till around 10:30. If no one shows, back out to Forest Grove and welding on your car.

Maybe I'll try to come meet you then....at the nice indoor sitting area.
cary
Looks like the rain won't start till around 1pm. 9 till noon 15%. Com'on down.
Afterwards maybe a run out to Camp914 to look at the tub I'm picking up for Rick. Then out to MiddleMotors to finish welding in Doug's inner long stiffeners.

PanelBilly
I'm over at Cannon Beach for a PCA event. After yesterday's drive (almost all back roads with corners) I'm not going to get Julie to go for another ride today. I'll miss you guys. Last month was fun.
raynekat
Yeah, I never made it either. Kids....
cary
I was thinking it might end up being just Jay and I, the pending rain might squelch the day. But no, we had another 12-15 folks. biggrin.gif
Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

All air cooled today ............
Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Mike showed up with his Rothsport back date creation. 300 hp. 3.4.
Click to view attachment

I'm no Jeff Zwart. Shot the picture from the wrong side. sad.gif

steuspeed
Bah... I missed another one. hissyfit.gif
Mikey914
I would have been there but was working on another part project. So, I sent my evil twin.....
Pursang
Damn! I had not checked the forum for a few days and missed this. I would have been there too.
mzalanka
Sorry to have missed this one too (been spending weekends out of town now that the wildfires are under control...)

One more meetup for the PDX crew this year, or are we tucking it in till the Spring?

cary
The plan was to do four or five fair weather get togethers. May thru September,
no real reason. In talking with Jay it sounds like the neighbors are kind of getting into it.
I guess we should look at the long term forecast.

Jay the location owner is an R Gruppe member, with out a current R Gruppe car. Family has been Porsche owners for years.

Don't really know what we're trying to create. I just love watching everyone's head turn when the next car drives up.
arne
QUOTE(cary @ Oct 4 2017, 05:36 AM) *
I just love watching everyone's head turn when the next car drives up.

That’s a similar reaction to the monthly coffee get together organized by the PCA here in Eugene. Every 1st Saturday, rain or shine. PCA membership not required, and you don’t have to even drive a Porsche to attend, just an opportunity to hang with Porsche owners and enthusiasts. Even during the winter months we generally see 5-6 Porsches attend, summer can bring 20 or so. It is fun watching the people who see us arrive.

Just in case, the Eugene get together is this Saturday, 10:00 am, Market of Choice, 29th & Willamette, Eugene. Lots of non-threatening parking if you go the the back (far north) lot past Pegasus and the Gym.

I’m planning to drive the yellow 914 this month, last public outing before its probable sale next week.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.