Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Did they make the 6 in this color?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
skline
I found this seller that seems to always have these little 914 die cast cars. He has one up now that is a color I didnt think was available. Was it?

The car in question
redshift
Well... it's not a real color..

smile.gif

M
skline
I saw one at the WCC that was that color. It wasnt a 6 though.
Porsche Rescue
That looks pretty close to willow green. It was first available in '71 so a '71 six could have been that color. Generally the sixes and fours were available in the same colors. Only standard green in '70 was Irish green. Metallic green was an extra cost optional color.
Only about 430 '71 sixes produced so a willow green car would be rare indeed.
sixnotfour
1971 six 9141430229 willow green @ stazaks GTpage
Gustl
I own this model - to me it looks more like a mixture from ravenna green and willow green wacko.gif
rick 918-S
I want that color teener. Revenna, or Willow with Plaid. wub.gif I would have custom Fuchs made with the widest rims I could fit under the car and the fattest tires I could run! drooley.gif alien_2.gif Twisted retro coool! aktion035.gif driving.gif
drew365
On my monitor it looks very bright, like almost lime green. Is this right. I'm considering lime green for my car. I'm also considering using all the Life Savers colors. I'm looking for attention. ohmy.gif
Gustl
QUOTE (drew365 @ May 22 2005, 05:51 AM)
On my monitor it looks very bright, like almost lime green. Is this right.

I reviewed my brochures and found this one:

1974 PORSCHE COLORS
print # 36-70-42011

it's a small folder with little pictures of 911 and 914 in it, shown with all available colors
there is a 911 color called "lime green" - that's very close to the "HIGH SPEED" model

in the same folder from 1973 there is no such color ...
smg914
I have this exact 1/43 die cast model and it is not even close to Willow Green. It is much closer to either Conda Green or Viper Green which was never a standard or optional color on the 914-6. Conda and Viper Green were standard colors for 911's in the 70's.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.