Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: F/S 1970 914-6
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
drem914
http://www.phillipsauto.com/vehicle-detail...-ca-id-20484970

Saw this listing while looking through current inventory

$60K / 65K miles.

burton73
Engine: 2.0L 4-Cylinder Engine?
My 914
Must be a typo.
Someone local should Ck it out..
Unpretentious
The listed VIN isn't right either, and it doesn't have A/C as described in the ad, but that's a good thing. Could be a good buy, but as already mentioned, someone needs to check it out. Photos of the underside and VIN's would be nice.
Jonathan Livesay
QUOTE(burton73 @ Sep 25 2017, 03:41 PM) *

Engine: 2.0L 4-Cylinder Engine?

A very rare option on the six, more rare than the AC that they say this car comes with. :-)
My 914
Maybe both were factory installed.
Jonathan Livesay
QUOTE(Unpretentious @ Sep 25 2017, 04:56 PM) *

The listed VIN isn't right either, and it doesn't have A/C as described in the ad, but that's a good thing. Could be a good buy, but as already mentioned, someone needs to check it out. Photos of the underside and VIN's would be nice.

The vin makes sense if you put a 91 on the front of it. Yeah, no AC on that car unless they hid it real good.
Mike Fitton
Gauges are all original 6's, early rearview and outside mirrors.
Ukusto
There's a pic of the engine in the additional photos.
It's a six.
PancakePorsche
The cut and flipped air cleaner snorkel is indicative there may have been a compressor added on the right at one time. Perhaps a bastardized VPC. No other clues from the pictures. Yes missing the "91" from the VIN but it is indeed a mid year 6.
I may cruise down for a look.
pete000
I always wonder why so many 914's got their trucks painted black. Was this a fad back in the late 70's lol

This car looks pretty original for that price. Just loose the stripes and paint the compartments and it would be 80 grand !
914z
QUOTE(Jonathan Livesay @ Sep 25 2017, 04:24 PM) *

QUOTE(Unpretentious @ Sep 25 2017, 04:56 PM) *

The vin makes sense if you put a 91 on the front of it. Yeah, no AC on that car unless they hid it real good.

No dash vents either, must be a very early "6"
cal44
Another whacky ad from the clueless. Read the options list....ENOUGH !!!
dax1969

OPTIONAL FEATURES INCLUDE:

Black Body Stripe

Removable Targa Top

Leather Seating Surfaces

AM/FM Radio

Air Conditioning

Car Cover

Woooow, was the removable targa top an expensive option ? biggrin.gif
Karmann11
Hi. Did anyone manage to take a look at this 6?

Best
Jay
jim_hoyland
VIN is not in the database. I’ll be in Newport Besch Thursday and will stop by Phillips.
Phillips is considered a reliable dealer and been in the consignment and resale biz for a long time.
My neighbor just bought a fully optioned, low mileage 997 for a lot less than that -6 smile.gif
drem914
QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ Oct 3 2017, 07:11 PM) *

VIN is not in the database. I’ll be in Newport Besch Thursday and will stop by Phillips.
Phillips is considered a reliable dealer and been in the consignment and resale biz for a long time.
My neighbor just bought a fully optioned, low mileage 997 for a lot less than that -6 smile.gif

Jim, If you do, talk to Josh Ivie. He is a good friend of ours and he'll show you around.
jim_hoyland
Visited Phillips this am, Niko Markovich showed me the car and I took the following . pictures. His number is 949-574-7777. Nice guy

The car is in fair condition, it is a repaint from orange. Low miles.
Added to VIN database
jim_hoyland
More:
jim_hoyland
Mas
jim_hoyland
+ more
jim_hoyland
More
jim_hoyland
Mas
jim_hoyland
More
jim_hoyland
Morr
jim_hoyland
More
jim_hoyland
More
jim_hoyland
More
jim_hoyland
More
arne
Would love to bring that car back to orange. Alas, the ask is well outside my budget for a new project.
jim_hoyland
If anyone would like to talk with me regarding my observations PM me your phone and i’ll Call you back
Kaeferfreund
Thanks for sharing the new pictures and your impressions. Great job!
cal44
For an ask of that much it darn well should be the correct color. Color change=subtract the cost of the correct factory color, period. In SoCal to do it right, 12K to 15K with German paint (guesstimate). All glass out, bumpers removed, all silver paint removed etc, very labor intensive.

And, of course what ever Mr.Jim found during his viewing.

Always beware the used car dealer.........."shifty eyes and bad shoes"

jim_hoyland
The Hagerty valuation for this in “ fair “ condition is around $38K
After viewing the car and talking to Niko, I got the feeling this is a consignment sale. Phillips doesn’t normally sell these types of cars
Got a copy of Excellence a few weeks ago..There pricing is for the 914-6 is.
Average:$60,000
Good:$90,000
Excellent:$120,000
I wonder where do they get these numbers from?
jim_hoyland
Update: Five years ago I posted this. Last week I saw the car again at Autowerkes in Huntington Beach.
Looks the same, new owner really cleaned it up.
Cairo94507
That does look pretty nice; glad it remained local. beerchug.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.