Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: We're off...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
J P Stein
AX, actually and it's about time. No rain today, hopefully.
J P Stein
Testing thus far is once around the block laugh.gif
9146R
Good Luck JP ! Have fun and give us the report when you return. Look fwd to seeing you in Sacto at the SCCA event on June 11.
Greg smilie_pokal.gif
Joe Bob
gud luk...spin one fer me....
Trekkor
Best wishes.
Bring plenty of salt and pepper, I know how hungry your car should be. chowtime.gif

KT

Oh,yeah. and post lots of pics...
sixnotfour
Have Fun driving.gif
Looks pretty Intimidating, no longer POS
Hope the paint stays On. burnout.gif

pictures boldblue.gif
joea9146
Have Fun Good luck smilie_pokal.gif
seanery
good luck Geez!!! smilie_flagge24.gif
redshift
Don't forget to turn your left turn signal off! wink.gif

I miss the primer... I can't believe that thing is YOUR CAR!

M
Porsche Rescue
Good JP doesn't have a dog 'cause it would get kicked when he gets home. After working the course for 2 hours it started to rain just as his run group staged. He got in one respectable run and put 'ol sol back on the trailer. PCA runs in two weeks so he doesn't have to wait too long.
Staging:
Porsche Rescue
At the start:
Porsche Rescue
In action:
Porsche Rescue
Gary Chapman staging: (he's a little more relaxed than Ricky Racer #4)
Porsche Rescue
In action (photographer was a little late)
J P Stein
I am so PISSED. w00t.gif w00t.gif headbang.gif headbang.gif headbang.gif headbang.gif headbang.gif
......deep breath here.....
Ok, near as I could tell the car is godder.
I can really feel the weight loss. The car jumps...even tho the traction was iffy. There was a lot more grip around the corners than I was using. The 300lb springs are not harsh at all.....thas about all I lernt in one run. I'm gonna try again tomorrow....iff'n the sun is out....not bloddy likely.

Lotta people said nice things about the car & were lookin' forward to seein' it run. Later they said they'd like to see it run in the dry.....Me too!
sixnotfour
Whats that ole song "anticipation" boldblue.gif So much for the drought headbang.gif
brant
she is a beauty.....

I wanna hear what she weighs...

nice
Air_Cooled_Nut
I was running the time cards when both were racing and coming out of the figure 8 Gary was locking up his brakes! That thread about stock brakes not working well simply ain't true. BTW Gary, you should've taken your fourth run...seat time wink.gif J P, the rain got worse and there was more drifting than turning wacko.gif
J P Stein
Humm......that 2nd pic is taken in the middle of a fairly sharp corner......I think I have the suspenders stiff enuff. biggrin.gif
But I need to get that black line straight.
Porsche Rescue
Toby, almost met ya today. After your run group #3 Jetta parked beside my wife and I sitting in our white 928. I was taking the action pics of JP and Gary standing right beside the board as you were posting times. Bring your 914 out to the PCA event on the 5th (even the Jetta would be welcome, but not as much).
drgchapman
Slippin' and slidin' all the way............Yeah, the brakes lock real easy when it's wet. Drivin' in too hard on the wet stuff, gets you all locked up in the turn.

I was wet and cold and hungry after the third run. Went straight to Burger schmeg for food, then straight home. I am, however, less of a pussy than JP, he made just the one run.

What about that black line?

Thinking about masterbating (DE) tomorrow if it's dry.

Gary
Porsche Rescue
Speaking of rain, my wife just informed me that she just heard the local news report that Portland has had 245% above normal rainfall for the month of May so far. And despite our winter "drought" we are nearly up to normal for the year! Payback indeed.
J P Stein
QUOTE (drgchapman @ May 21 2005, 05:44 PM)
I am, however, less of a pussy than JP, he made just the one run.

What about that black line?

Meow.

I've learned one thing about autocrossing in the rain:

*Don't autocross in the rain.*

I have nothing between clouds & carburators but foam.
While the engine is running, it *probably* isn't a problem, but letting the foam sit & soak up a bunch of water doesn't seem like too shiney an idea.

The black line below the door. When ya lay on the ground it looks straight, when viewed from an angle above, it looks stepped.
Air_Cooled_Nut
QUOTE (Porsche Rescue @ May 21 2005, 05:39 PM)
Toby, almost met ya today. After your run group #3 Jetta parked beside my wife and I sitting in our white 928. I was taking the action pics of JP and Gary standing right beside the board as you were posting times. Bring your 914 out to the PCA event on the 5th (even the Jetta would be welcome, but not as much).

Ah, I noticed the 928 aktion035.gif Love those cars! My 914 is in the garage, waiting for me to drop the engine to find out why it's leaking oil (a LOT of oil, mind you) when it's running. While the engine is out I can then rust repair the hell holes, console, battery, trunk hinge mounts...you get the picture sad.gif But hey, for the price the interior is nice!

If I were to bring a VW to a PCA event it would be my Squareback (a Type 3):
user posted image
As it's much closer to a Porsche than my Jetta (another "VW commissioned Porsche" and from it came the Type 728 which resulted in the VW Type 3). I'd be really interested to see how she fairs on a course...
Rand
Your car looks awesome JP.
bernbomb914
JP tell ue about your ft flairs. They look very contemperary. are they off a car?

Bernie
J P Stein
QUOTE (bernbomb914 @ May 21 2005, 10:37 PM)
JP tell ue about your ft flairs. They look very contemperary. are they off a car?

Bernie

Yes, they're off a 914. biggrin.gif
They are hammered out from the original metal. Hammer & dolly & 10000 whacks. I also moved the opening up about .75 inch.

Humm.......the sun is out, the roads are drying. It's early yet, but idea.gif
drgchapman
Don't look up and west, here they come.........Crap!
I'll come out again if its dry, A/X in the rain isn't as much fun as in the dry.....to paraphrase.....
Porsche Rescue
Come on you guys, get out there. Looks better than yesterday.

Toby, PIR, June 5th, 8am or earlier, bring the orange station wagon!
drgchapman
Come on out with us Jim! Working on Pamela too.........
Air_Cooled_Nut
QUOTE (drgchapman @ May 22 2005, 07:07 AM)
Don't look up and west, here they come.........Crap!
I'll come out again if its dry, A/X in the rain isn't as much fun as in the dry.....to paraphrase.....

Aw, come on guys! That's what's so nice about auto-cross, wet or dry you get to race. It's like GT vs. NASCAR biggrin.gif

I've got my tire pressures up per recommendations from the VW autocrossers...let's hope I can turn this round! I hate freakin' front wheel drive cars and their massive understeer mad.gif
J P Stein
I'm all loaded up for the afternoon session.
Settin' here at the puter watching the clouds roll in from the West.....only a couple patches of blue left sad.gif
drgchapman
I'm off for Sunday's festivities. Tightened front wheel bearings. Checked for loose connections on d-jet, it was running crappy on the way home yesterday (rain), working fine this am (no rain). Windy, cloudy...no rain yet. Stay dry............

driving.gif
crash914
That is just not right....

I can't get used to JP's car being yellow...

Are you looking for the next .001 that you get from a yellow car???

(I do like the car, mine was yellow in yesteryear...)
J P Stein
I'm some what mollified today. I got 3 dry runs.
7th OA while coming to grips with the thing.
TTOD was a 39 flat. I got a 39.7 on my 4th run (it was a non-counter and I had just a little bit of a cone).

I couldn't believe how fast I could go thru the sweeper without hardly a twitch and a slalom section at the finish.....WOT in 2nd
after a hairpin. If I can string this stuff together, we're gonna be fast.
Trekkor
JP, great to hear you were finally able to feed that yeller beast. biggrin.gif

You really ought to run at Marina later in the year.
Must of run near thirty times today...I'm beat. Tyres, too.

KT
Joseph Mills
QUOTE (J P Stein @ May 22 2005, 09:36 PM)

TTOD was a 39 flat. I got a 39.7 on my 4th run

If I can string this stuff together, we're gonna be fast.

Excellent JP.

Glad to see all your efforts with the car coming together.

Might take you a few AX's to learn how to drive your "new" car.

Don't make any changes for awhile. biggrin.gif
J P Stein
I gotta get an alignment. I'm still on last years set up. smile.gif
Trekkor
learn how to drive your "new" car

That's where I am now. Slow process...

As soon as my Yok's are dead I'll slap on something *special* idea.gif

KT
J P Stein
QUOTE (trekkor @ May 22 2005, 08:45 PM)

As soon as my Yok's are dead I'll slap on something *special* idea.gif

KT

Dude, your Yoks are dead now.....never were alive for AX, me thinks. biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.