Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: HSR Daytona Nov 8-12
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Greg914-6GT
Sebring has taken a toll on the suspension. Zotz's Racing is meticulously prepping my car for Daytona and fixing rear suspension and body cracks. They are adding some structural reinforcement and building a new swing arm that catastrophicly failed at Sebring. Nothing was found in the three oil filters, so just a valve adjustment and torque the heads was needed. Trans is being gone through and M,S,X gears are being swapped in. I would invite people to the testing October 6-8, but it's a private event. Hope to see you at Daytona in November. Click to view attachment Click to view attachment
wndsrfr
I've done HPDE at Daytona...you'll want a taller gear than X...I was on the rev limiter with stock gearing...I'll try to attach video here...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZRQkHEYpaKA

maf914
Greg914-6GT,

Can you post a few photos of your car so we can spot it at the HSR event.
Thanks.

I look forward to this event every year and expect to be there. Time to order tickets.
Greg914-6GT
QUOTE(wndsrfr @ Sep 26 2017, 02:55 AM) *

I've done HPDE at Daytona...you'll want a taller gear than X...I was on the rev limiter with stock gearing...I'll try to attach video here...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZRQkHEYpaKA

Thank you for sharing your insight and video. My car is a 2.0 six that redlines at 8000, so I hope I'm geared correctly. Ron Zitza suggested the gears based on his previous experience racing the car at Daytona. It was quite the challenge getting an S gear. I'm testing there to sorts out any issues. Thanks again for sharing your insight.
Greg914-6GT
QUOTE(maf914 @ Sep 26 2017, 05:02 AM) *

Greg914-6GT,

Can you post a few photos of your car so we can spot it at the HSR event.
Thanks.

I look forward to this event every year and expect to be there. Time to order tickets.

Click to view attachment Click to view attachment
carr914
my good friend Tom Breist runs his 914-6 with Zotz!
ThePaintedMan
I've got a lot of respect for Zotz, no doubt. But those welds are less than stellar. confused24.gif
Greg914-6GT
QUOTE(ThePaintedMan @ Sep 26 2017, 02:34 PM) *

I've got a lot of respect for Zotz, no doubt. But those welds are less than stellar. confused24.gif

Let's hope they look better in person. I use to live in NYC, but now live in St Pete. We should get together some time.
Greg914-6GT
QUOTE(carr914 @ Sep 26 2017, 01:03 PM) *

I believe he has the yellow car with 2.4 L.
If the same guy we were paddocked together with Zotz's at the Sebring HSR race. My car is a 2.0, so he qualifies well ahead of me.
carr914
QUOTE(Greg914-6GT @ Sep 26 2017, 07:16 PM) *

QUOTE(carr914 @ Sep 26 2017, 01:03 PM) *

I believe he has the yellow car with 2.4 L.
If the same guy we were paddocked together with Zotz's at the Sebring HSR race. My car is a 2.0, so he qualifies well ahead of me.

Yes, Tom's car is yellow. He keeps wanting me to get back into it for Enduros!

Click to view attachment
URY914
I have my tickets already. biggrin.gif
IronHillRestorations
I'd have to default to the builder, and suggest the mindset for a race car may have allowed for cosmetically challenged welds.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.