Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB - Set of Fuchs
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
bigbooster
Finally working on the 5 Lug conversion for my 914 and it's time to get some real fuchs on there (or good fakes, I'm not picky). I'm looking for a full set of four of any size, any color or any style. I would prefer the polished aluminum and black contrast, but I don't care what size it is. I'm looking to spend less than a thousand for the set as i know as well as everyone how crazy expensive some variants can get. Im not looking for a concours wheel, just a good solid clean driver.
gereed75
QUOTE(bigbooster @ Sep 26 2017, 08:15 AM) *

Finally working on the 5 Lug conversion for my 914 and it's time to get some real fuchs on there (or good fakes, I'm not picky). I'm looking for a full set of four of any size, any color or any style. I would prefer the polished aluminum and black contrast, but I don't care what size it is. I'm looking to spend less than a thousand for the set as i know as well as everyone how crazy expensive some variants can get. Im not looking for a concours wheel, just a good solid clean driver.

welcome.png there are some very nice rakes out there. Mostly deep six style. They meet your price criteria and will fit stock narrow body cars without mods
914Sixer
For fakes try CIP1.com. Wheels from $99 up shipped. Another choice is Maxilite from $195 to $395 depending on size. German TUV approval on these wheels.
bigbooster
QUOTE(914Sixer @ Sep 26 2017, 07:08 AM) *

For fakes try CIP1.com. Wheels from $99 up shipped. Another choice is Maxilite from $195 to $395 depending on size. German TUV approval on these wheels.

I was looking at the Cip1 Fuchs for a while before i started to hear some really bad things about the product and company, I thought i'd try here first before rolling the dice on such mixed reviews. I'd be kicking myself if i saw a set of real 14" go up a day after i get the fakes. biggrin.gif
gcrotvik
QUOTE(bigbooster @ Sep 26 2017, 05:15 AM) *

Going with a slightly different style, you could get a set of Mahle copies. These look great on a black car. They are very nicely made and an incredible price. I have a set and they are beautiful.

http://www2.cip1.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=C32-GB2B

burton73
The real Fuchs are like money in the bank. They go up in value and if you want to sell them later you should not lose any money on them. Yes they are more but they stronger than non-forged copy’s. Why have a copy if you can have the real deal. You will feel better knowing you have the quality and it’s not liked a copy Rolex. If it fails it could be very bad. Not just tossing it in the trash.

Bob B
welcome.png
mepstein
QUOTE(burton73 @ Sep 26 2017, 12:19 PM) *

The real Fuchs are like money in the bank. They go up in value and if you want to sell them later you should not lose any money on them. Yes they are more but they stronger than non-forged copy’s. Why have a copy if you can have the real deal. You will feel better knowing you have the quality and it’s not liked a copy Rolex. If it fails it could be very bad. Not just tossing it in the trash.

Bob B
welcome.png

agree.gif plus it wil be very hard to find anything but beat up 6x15 or 5x14 in that price range. I would get cookies if your budget is tight.
gereed75
Real 14 x 5.5 are readily available and in your price range. I have a set for my six. Tire options are slim slim slim. These are stored away for posterity.

I run fake 15" x 6 deep sixes for drivers with 205 55 15's. Got them at CBPerformance, think they are Flat four. They are Japanese made, fully TUVed and look pretty decent. Nippers do not mess around with quality on certified products. About $240 each IIRC.

Click to view attachment
jmitro
what size are you looking for?
I have a full set of both real and fake Fuchs, both 15x7/15x8 sizes
type2man
The only fake wheels I would run are gas burners because they are really rare. Otherwise, run what you want, just know most people will know you skimped on your shoes which is fine as long as you skimped on the rest of your car lol
fduval
QUOTE(bigbooster @ Sep 26 2017, 04:15 AM) *

Hi . I have a pair of 15 x 7 repros for sale ,brand new , never mounted polished with black center . see picture asking $ 500 for the pair plus shipping.
let me know if interrested

Click to view attachment
Chris914n6
Before you commit to a wheel size shop for tires.

I've got a set of 7x15 cookies, which I like, but in the sports car tire category at TireRack there is 1 (one) in 205/60 and 1 (one) in 225/50. 16s would be a better choice and 14s are likely nothing but Prius type tires.

People say good things about the Euromeister at Performance Products. With their holiday sales and free shipping promo they get pretty dang cheap.
raynekat
These Maxilites look nice, but they're still $360/wheel....almost $1500 for a set.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Maxilite-Wheels-fo...2d5&vxp=mtr

Click to view attachment

A set of factory 14" Fuchs will be at least $1500 for decent ones.
15" Fuchs even more.
Just a sign of the times with NLA wheels I'm afraid.
Hoppie944s2
I have a set for sale in the classifieds
burton73
Hoppie944s2
you are a newbe. You can bump your ad. You do say local pick up only so you are very far away from the man looking for the Fuchs wheels. I am going to bump youup

Bob B
bigbooster
icon_bump.gif Still looking for a good set of Fuchs under 1k icon_bump.gif
sixaddict
If you want real Fuchs and best price go with 6 X 16
Prices are always all over the place but look and potentially buy in sets of 2
They fit under stock body and best selection of tires sizes plus they will nicely fill out wheel openings whereas 14 don't
My 2.5 cents
bigbooster
icon_bump.gif Someone around here has to have a spare set... Still looking
drem914
QUOTE(bigbooster @ Oct 2 2017, 01:19 PM) *

icon_bump.gif Someone around here has to have a spare set... Still looking

Euromeister repros in 7x16 with 23 ET are about $550 shipped for a set of 4.
I saw a FB sale yesterday for "real" fuchs, 2-7x16 2-8x16 and 1-10x16 for $350.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/219458605157328/
LeonD
QUOTE(bigbooster @ Sep 26 2017, 05:15 AM) *

I have a set of 7x16 and 6x16 Fuchs that are good driver quality, straight and true with center caps but I want $1,200 for the set. Call me if interested 949-874-7491 LeonClick to view attachmentClick to view attachment
IronHillRestorations
I have a set of 7 & 8 x 15's if you are interested. $1100 plus shipping. I'm in TN
bigbooster
Sorry, but I don't need the whole set of wheels anymore, I ended up buying another shell just for the wheels (You can now find the shell for significantly less than I paid for it in the cars for sale tab). Turns out the wheels on the car were three 15Jx6 (flat sixes) and one 14Jx5.5 after all that. If anyone in Florida wants to trade me one of their polished flat 6 15" wheel for my nice 14" polished Fuchs wheel or has a spare to sell, I'm all ears.
Jerodhelt
I have a set of 5.5 x 14s in the classified section. Will sell them for $900 plus shipping which should be about $90

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.