Full Version: WTB, matched gear sets
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
brant
I need to build a really low hill climb box

I can go a few different paths on this depending on what is available

the best box combo would be:
3rd gear I, or H, or HB
and then a 4th gear M to go with the above

if that doesn't work out, then I doubt I can afford it, but would be interested in a 3rd gear J

default plan would be:
a 4th gear S (probably the easiest to find, but least desirable overall box set up)

does anyone have an I or H for sale... and hopefully an M also?

thanks for considering
brant
Krieger
Try hitting up Trekkor. Hey had an assortment of gears he may have.
targa72e
I you wanted to go even lower or have another option, I have a 912 gearbox with a 6/29 ring and pinion which is about 8% lower than 7/31 it has the following gears.

5speed R:P 6:29 A GA O U Z

Mix and match with 914 gears and you could use flipped ZD for KA, and N from 914 box with U or V for 5th for gear with about the same overall ratios you were looking for.

I am in Colorado. Box is apart if you wanted to inspect.

thanks,

john
brant
QUOTE(targa72e @ Sep 27 2017, 10:51 AM) *

I you wanted to go even lower or have another option, I have a 912 gearbox with a 6/29 ring and pinion which is about 8% lower than 7/31 it has the following gears.

5speed R:P 6:29 A GA O U Z

Mix and match with 914 gears and you could use flipped ZD for KA, and N from 914 box with U or V for 5th for gear with about the same overall ratios you were looking for.

I am in Colorado. Box is apart if you wanted to inspect.

thanks,

john

John,
wow.. .another amazing offer
thank you sir
and I think I've been able to refine my search and needs...

looks like I'm moving into difficult waters at this point.
I think I've got 1st -3rd covered...
now just needing to find a needle in a haystack for 4th

either an M -4th ratio, or an O 4th ratio, N ratio would work too, but can't say I've ever seen one. (both of which are easy to find for 3rd position, but not easy for 4th position)

I'm going to run an Hb 3rd gear and just need something lower for 4th to keep that jump reasonable

thanks again
where are you in Colorado?
I'm in Longmont, and hope we meet soon
by the way, I'm hosting a Colorado 914 gang bbq on the last weekend of October if you can make it.

brant
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.