Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Hi-beam power missing to drivers side
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
drem914
I am looking for some assistance in tracking down missing power to my driver's side high beam. Front head lights and rear lights all work find except for when I switch to high beams. The hi-beam on the drivers side goes out. everything else stays operating as normal. I know it is not a bad bulb, as I have already tested to see if I have fully functioning high and low beam bulbs. Any suggestions on where to start to see why I am getting power to the bulb on low, but not on high?
Thanks in advance.
904svo
Check that fuse#1 is good that's the high beam fuse.
drem914
QUOTE(904svo @ Sep 26 2017, 06:06 PM) *

Check that fuse#1 is good that's the high beam fuse.

I don't have both high beams out just the drivers side. Shouldn't both high beams be out if the fuse is bad?
Chris914n6
Hi Lo Left Right. 4 fuses for the headlights. If the fuse is good clean the contacts.
Also switching the Hi & Lo feed wires off the relay (white & yellow) will tell you if the bulb is bad.
drem914
QUOTE(Chris914n6 @ Sep 26 2017, 07:31 PM) *

Hi Lo Left Right. 4 fuses for the headlights. If the fuse is good clean the contacts.
Also switching the Hi & Lo feed wires off the relay (white & yellow) will tell you if the bulb is bad.

Cleaning the fuse contacts did the trick. Thank you beerchug.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.